A Picture IS worth a thousand words...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by paducahmichael, Oct 8, 2007.

1. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

You're right, but that wasn't what the flag was for. The flag was for the later hit to Tebow delivered by an LSU player on the sideline just out of view to the left of that shot.

2. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

I'll have to go back and watch for that. I distinctly remember wishing they would put up an elbow ( I know, I was frustrated), but it didn't happen as I recall.

3. swoop

swoop Founding Member

Les Miles talked about Vince Young doing this to him during one of his radio shows a few weeks back. He was pretty adamant about playing until the qb is out of bounds.

4. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

I bout had a cow when they flagged us on that play...I mean, what the hell...is Tebow such a candy ass that he cant take a freaking hit in the field of play? Man, BS if I EVER saw it. Plus he didnt hit him on the back or legs...he hit his hip. Oh well, guess its to be expected...what conference was the officiating team from? Freakin NFC east...theyre the only ones ( The NFL I mean ) that treat QBs like glamour boyz. Dont even breath on them too hard, they might break!

:angryfire

5. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

How true is the title of this thread.

[​IMG]

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Let us know what you find.

7. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Luke Sanders hit Tebow while standing on the sidelines. It looked like he hit him with both elbows to the helmet.
    I think he was just protecting himself though. Tebow was falling towards Sanders when he was hit.
    But, i don't think the flag was for that. It was for Ali hitting him. During the game, it looked late, but looking slo-mo it doesn't.

8. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

Just reviewed the call....
    It was at just under 5 min. left in the half. Highsmith hit him in bounds in the hip. Sanders was on the sideline and put his open palms out as he scooted his feet back out of harms way.Thats what I saw.
    After watching it again I remember how irritating the announcer was. Not the play-by play, but the color commentator. Quote " WOW, that was just malicious !". He was knocking LSU all night.:mad:

9. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Thanks 327, but it wasn't my pic. I sorta borrowed it from a VERY sane Florida buddy. Like some of us, he's just a pure football fan, especially SEC football. He likes to see the game called right. He got flamed pretty bad for posting this pic on the gator's board. He thinks we (LSU and FL) should just take turns winning the NC for about the next decade. :eek:ldskule:

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Sour grapes make some pretty cheap whine...