A Picture IS worth a thousand words...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by paducahmichael, Oct 8, 2007.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

It looks like one of those "spirit of the rule" type calls that neglects the fact that he wasn't out of bounds. Especially this season, it seems like the officials are being very sensitive about protecting QBs, kickers, runners on late hits, etc. The problem with that, as someone pointed out, is that a mobile QB or a tailback skirting the sideline intentionally shouldn't get the benefit of the "late hit" call unless it is VERY obvious or intentional.

What Tebow did there was the equivalent of a boxer coming out of his corner without raising his gloves to his face: do it if you want, but when the rules say to protect yourself at all times, don't be surprised if you get KO'd.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

The best part was when they were oogling the brilliance of Urban Meyer having his center snap the ball to his QB while the entire rest of his oline was 20 yards to the left.
    "LSU never adjusted. If he throws it out here, it could go a long way"
    Um Einstein, the corners followed the recievers, the lineman could not legally cross the line of scrimmage, and no way in hell is a center going to block Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey, and Kirsten Pittman by himself. Which is why Dorsey and Pittman sandwiched T-Boy.

3. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

I was really wondering about that call. I thought it was terrible, and it didnt show to be much better.

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

This picture PROVES that it was a BAD CALL that should have been reversed on review.

I do admit that when I saw the play when it happened, it did not look much like a totally clean hit . . . in live action, it looked like a close call and maybe a little late.

Thanks for posting the pic.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

You can't review a penalty though.

6. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

I remember that play and no flag was thrown.

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

You know what - I never want to see a player at any level injured. However, I am proud of LSU for pursuit. Miles and his coaches have taught them to finish the play. And Moffit has made sure they're conditioned to do just that.

I don't buy for a second that Ali should've done anything else but what he did.

8. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Pisses me off those freakin "A" hole announcers. Is it just me, or have they always sorta disliked LSU? Seems like virtually every game they play on TV. With the possible exception of ESPN. Doesnt look like its ever gonna change, they were almost "cheering" when the Tigers got flagged.

BTW, Crunch I hope you dont sue me for plajurism, but I liked your "enemy territory" line so much, I borrowed a piece of it...seemed to fit since Im "waaaaaaay" behind enemy lines over here. Vitually surrounded by Gators, Dogs and Noles!!!

:lsup:LSU!:lsup:LSU!:lsup:LSU!:lsup:LSU!:lsup: