A prediction on Trump and his policies

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

images-34.jpeg images-34.jpeg
    For Christ sakes man Trump is not even president yet. Yet another clairvoyant on this site.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Burn the flag and go to jail or lose your citizenship says Trump. He also has spoken about sueing the media, and may remove certain media, and only surround himself with media that appeases him. I think we all agree that media in this country really sucks. But there are still some truth tellers out there. Unfortunately they are drowned out by the corporate owned media. So you Trumpets are ok with Trump stomping on free speech?

I would never burn an American flag but in order for my rights and your rights to be protected in America we must also protect the rights of the worst of the worst in this country. Today it's their rights being trampled, tomorrow it could be yours or mine.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

AAAAAHHHHHH yeah that will happen along with the polar ice caps melting and when Hilary stops lying in other words never. The only people banning free speech are liberals like you. You and Kapernick should go on tour together and talk about them banning his disgusting charade, oh wait no one is stopping him.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    DeeDee likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

So Obama had the entire media doing his bidding for 8 years. Now you want objectivity? Wait let me guess you thought they were tough on him.

But trump is simply lashing out bc this is the same media is and was biased against him. He's looking for some legit journalism but doesn't realize he's only going to feel their wrath worse
    In 2005, Hillary co-sponsored a bill that would make burning the American flag a criminal act punishable by one year in prison and a $100,000 fine.

Where was the media outcry then? Oh yeah they were in her pocket. You probably weren't even aware or told to be mad about it then I bet.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Did you read everything I wrote? Are you going to do the same shit you all accused everyone of during the Obama years? Accusing Bush of everything? We aren't talking about Obama and Clinton. We are talking about Trump.

mobius481 likes this.
  6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

The slippery slope argument that has been made regarding the second amendment is equally applicable to the first. I detest the sight of some punk burning the flag but, at least constitutionally, that punks rights are protected under the first amendment. I get it that people want it to stop. I want it to stop. But rather than create a legal precedence for chipping away at our first amendment rights why don't we try practicing some of that "tolerance" that everyone seems so consumed with these days. Further, why don't we address the very real concerns of those kids who have college degrees and can't find a job in their career field, or any job worth having for that matter.

To put this into second amendment terms for you, what Trump has suggested (and Hillary as recently as 10 years ago) would be like passing a stringent gun control law to stop mass shootings without addressing mental health first. All I've heard the past 8 years is how our freedoms have been eroded (even though they were not) and now, as one of the first acts, you want to....of all things.....erode freedoms.

silversvt01 and mobius481 like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe jail is a bit too much but at the very least flag burners should get a good ass whoopin'

Tiger in NC likes this.
  8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

They certainly deserve an ass whoopin but legally, nothing should happen to them.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Fuck that. Tolerance is what got us to this point.

Now I don't advocate for the stripping of rights, no that isn't the ticket. What I do advocate is to turn back the dial a little bit and think of what would have happened to any of us had we done that. I can tell you that with a Grandfather and a Father that were both Marines I'd have gotten my skinny ass beaten to a pulp had I ever even THOUGHT about burning a flag. THAT my friends is what needs to win the day. Not fucking "tolerance" that shit is for pussies and exactly what this Nation has become. None of you slimy ass liberals want to talk about that. We have taken everything that was righteous in this land and turned into something taboo. No one is proud anymore because of the bullshit that has been forced down our throats even though we knew it tasted like shit we continued to eat it. Well, most of us. Its bullshit. The fact that anyone even wants to burn the flag is the fucking problem.

Tolerance, give me a god damned break.

Bengal B and tirk like this.
  10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Fuck you. People who disagree with you have to tolerate your sorry ass as much as you have to tolerate them. It's a two way street just like respect but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Okay, so you agree with me. Perfect.

What year are you thinking we should return to? Be specific.

like what?

Being proud of your country has nothing to do with criticizing it's practices from time to time; it is actually the hallmark of democracy. I am very proud of being an American, of being a veteran and for what freedom represents to the rest of the world. That said, I don't always agree with everything that goes on but it doesn't deter me from working to make it better. Your statement is false.

What do you mean? Nothing has been forced down your throat. You are making shit up as you go along, Shane. By your logic I could say that racism and bigotry is being forced down my throat by the election of Donald Trump. You need to toughen up a little and quit being so offended by people who aren't like you.