A public service announcement to anti-vaxxers

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Oct 24, 2021.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I'm 100% on board with needing an ID to vote - but the new proposed laws are beyond that. And to say these new laws are only about election integrity and are not intended to degrade votes from non republican voters is disingenuous at best.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

cliffs?

What is racist?

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

No idea what you're saying or asking.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well..... You responded to JMG's rebuttal to Rex about Needing and ID to vote not being racist etc and you said that the new laws go "beyond" needing just an ID.

"And to say these new laws are only about election integrity and are not intended to degrade votes from non republican voters is disingenuous at best."

Sooo...... what do you mean. What is bad about the law. What law?

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

how so

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

he wants cliff notes, meaning a quick explanation of the racism embedded in these policies

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Ok so what do you think is the real number - and the same question; how many more do you need to consider it dangerous?
    yep, I live in Texas also. But if you skip the vax for your kids please don't take them down into Mexico, or even along the boarder without vaxing first.
    I'm a believer in the best government is the government closest to home. Some things should not even be allowed locally. For instance I was cut from a jury pool because it was a DWI case from one of those 'special' days when the state law says you can't refuse a breathalyzer test. If you do they can get a warrant to forcibly take your blood for testing. I told the DA that was self incrimination and would be prejudiced against any case built around it. Of course I was cut.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

even if they are intended to get republicans elected, thats fine, thats what every manipulation of the procedure is.

"procedural reform is NEVER neutral"

- LSU poli sci professor dr kevin mulcahy

both parties manipulate laws to encourage theirs, and suppress the opposite voters. as long as its not egregious and one can still simply vote with an ID, its not worth worrying about.

the claim by the left is racism. but the republicans want, for example, cuban and black republicans to vote. its not about race.

semi-random side note: i like to think about the difference between ADOS (non immigrant blacks; American Descendants Of Slaves) blacks and immigrant blacks, and the divide between them. its think its interesting that we have had a black president and black vice president. but really we have had zero black mothers involved. and zero black american dads to these people. one kenyan man, and one jamaican man. zero ADOS blacks involved. even colin powell has no ADOS black american parents, he is jamaican.

the only real proper blacks in politics are often republicans, condi rice, tim scott. apologies for that digression

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I never brought racism into the conversation. He protests to much.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

the claim made by democrats is that these policies are racist.

if they arent, then i dont see a big issue. then we are just discriminating agasint people too dumb to register etc. thats a good thing in my opinion