A Question About The Secondary

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by G_MAN113, Feb 4, 2004.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

The young guys will see some PT this year...especially if the offense is as advertised. They'll be mopping up in the second half of most games. That's when you can gain valuable experience defending against the pass...when a team is down 48-3 and throwing on every down.

2. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

Hopefully we can get Derrick Williams from Maryland next year. All 6-1 183 and 4.3 speed of him. Have to keep the Maryland connection going.

Moving Travis Daniels to safety would be insanity IMO.

3. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Question:

Can Nick Saban develop his talent at corner with 2 years to do so and some of the best recruits to work with?

Methinks so.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I know the last thing I would be worried about is TD and CW being our starting CB's and having Saban working with them and the younger talented guys to develope the players for the next season. Couldn't be in better hands.

5. TIGA_FANATIC

TIGA_FANATIC Freshman

Don't be suprised to see Joseph Addai playing in the secondary next year. He has too much talent to be riding the bench..

6. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Addai will likely continue to be the 3rd down back. He is a tremendous blocker, in part due to his strength, and he also has good hands. I would be quite surprised to see Addai moved to secondary this late in his playing career.

Remember that Webster and Hunt were both moved to DB very early on. And with the injuries we had last season, Saban will continue to maintain a stable of RBs.

7. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

Addai will be our leading runner next year. I am the only lunatic calling it and I love Vincent just as much as the next guy. But still, I think Addai will lead the awesome core of RBs next year.

8. captainpodnuh

Yeah bLeSeUr. I remember you saying that. You must be a relative of Addai to be pimping him the way you do (j/k). Like every position, they are all open for the best talent. Addai may kick butt in the spring and fall camp and prove himself a starter in the fall. Its all about the hottest person getting the PT. I don't care who starts, as long as they perform at the highest level.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'm not expecting Addai to be moved either but I would bew willing to bet that at least 4 players are moved between now and the start of the season and at least 1 or 2 will surprise us.

10. captainpodnuh

I am in absolute agreement. Saban is always evaluating talent and making moves like a chess game. Saban thinks 2-4 years ahead in his program just like you have to think 2-4 moves ahead in chess.

There will be moves, both expected and unanticiapted. These are always exciting. I haven't heard anyone say, "I can't believe his just did that. What a boneheaded move." It just hasn't happened. Again, goes to great coaching and evaluation of talent.