A Question About The Secondary

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by G_MAN113, Feb 4, 2004.

1. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

LoL....Ha, if that's the case, then there have been some MAJOR genetic barriers broken. I have no more love for him than any others really. As a matter of fact if I had to pick my favorite, it would be JV. BUT..... I just have a feeling is all.

2. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

I like addai just as much as the next guy. Seems to have good strength and quickness. But, didn't he have just a little fumblitis? Arizona and OU game fumbles right off the top of my head and I want to say several others. WARNING. This is a question. Not a bash. How many fumbles did he have this year?

3. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

I'm not trying to bash either but i thought Broussard was the one with the fumble problems

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Broussard, Edwards and Addai all had a little stretch where they fumbled a couple of times but it wasn't a season long thing with any of them like it was for Toe last year. As for Addai, if you are calling the play where he caught the pass and got clobbered and the refs ruled it an incompletion, I wouldn't put any blame on him for that, Mauck gets all the blame for that one. Addai was lucky he still had his head on.

5. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

True, cajdav. Broussard had a case of the dropsies. Shy was injured so ALLEY and JV got the ball starting at the SC game. Was addai injured as well, I think so but don't remember.

6. cajdav1

Addai got hurt first then Shy I believe, then it looked like Shy was going to be healed first but that changed and Addai came back first and Saban seemed a little frustrated about it.

7. yellowex

yellowex Founding Member

jv looks to be the starter for as long as he is at lsu. he is much more talented then any of the other rbs. i really doubt he will lose his job to anyone else unless he gets injured.

8. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

Not that I disagree....but how can you make these bold assumptions? He had a great season. He has tremendous talent and unlimited potential. But to say he has much more talent then any of the other RBs...?? If you are making this statement from watching him play last season, then you surely have good reason to think he will be a star. But just remember, alot of the time, players hit their peek very early, and then fall into mediocrocy and never live up to the hype they created for themselves. Now I am not wishing any of this upon JV and I hope he only gets better and better. I am mainly wondering how you can sound so strangely confident and all-knowing.....

9. cajdav1

I think almost anyone could say J.V is very talented however I also don't think anyone can say without a doubt that he has MUCH MORE talent than the others, especially since we haven't seen everything the other 2 freshmen can do yet and we haven't seen J.V. catching the ball much yet. Then again, after watching him last season I would be surprised if either are better than him but boy that would be incredible if one or both were.

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

To me, its all about making the most of your opportunities. JV did just that as he got hot starting in the middle of the season and got hotter as the season went on.

These other guys may be given an opportunity and will need to step up and make the most of it. I wouldn't close the door on any position, since the hottest guy will get the majority of the PT. At least, that's what Saban said last year.