A Question About The Secondary

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by G_MAN113, Feb 4, 2004.

1. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

It's tough to really gauge the talent and say JV is head and shoulders above the rest. JV is just simply a finesse player with unreal instincts that no one has except maybe carey as of now. Actually, I just saw the SB replay and JV lost a fumble, but thank goodness OU was offsides, so no one was perfect w.r.t. protecting the football.
    Back to the original topic of the thread, I think Mario will become either a rotating player for Webster and TD, or a nickel. I think Childs and Zenon will be the other understudies at the dime position. The new corners will all RS probably.

2. yellowex

yellowex Founding Member

ive seen jv play since he was a freshman in high school. and he has improved every year. when he was in high school i thought he was somethin special. and when he got his chance at lsu to show what he could do was amazing. his talent level is amazing. i say his talent is better simply, because he stepped up big time last season and put up amazing numbers for starting the games that he did. he can catch very well out of the backfield also. just they didnt throw much to the backs this past season. the reason i say he has more talent is simply because of his skills. he is in a different class then the others. he has all the tools. while the others have some. he has it all and he will only get better. so will everyone else but his potential is far greater. this is only the beginning for him. just wait and see what he does in the future. the things he will do will truly be amazing

3. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

I hope you are right and I cant wait to continue watching him play the next 2-3 years.

Also, seeing as you are obviously from around Lake Charles area, how much do you know about the new 27 year old walk-on from Barbe. He got game?

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I can't wait to see what all of them can do, they were all incredible high school players that have immense talent. J.V. sure looked great last year, no doubt, and he should improve. But Alley is also going to be great and BE again supposedly is the most talented all around player of the 3 but we don't know that as he didn't get many chances last year and J.V. stepped up and proved how good he was. Like someone posted earlier, I hope all 4 of the guys do stay for their entire careers although if J.V. keeps this up I think he'll be gone early.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

blessur joey has game. he was damn good at wr his senior year. he could have went to lsu if he wanted to but when your a 1st round pick its hard to pass up the money. i think he will contribute this year or next year.