A question for CRAWFISH or anyone in the know

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by inNickwetrust, Nov 11, 2004.

1. inNickwetrust

inNickwetrust Founding Member

with Xavier Carter's injury, does that make Amp Hill the 5th WR, and does it mean he will get PT, and is AMP finally 100%?????????
    thanks in advance

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

amp being 100% you'd have to be a psychologist to know and no one can get his confidence back but himself during actual gametime.

i don't think even he knows anymore. will just take time. 5th string? prolly not any string til he is mentally ready. sure would be a good time for that kid to step up.

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

All it means is Amp moved up one spot on the depth chart.......

It's hard for Amp to get any PT with Buster Davis, Dwayne Bowe and Early Doucet getting most of the snaps. Don't forget about Bennie. He hasn't played much either this year.

I have a feeling you will see a few new faces on offense this weekend after the off week.

Also look for LSU to challenge BAMA with a vertical passing game for once...............

4. tirk

agree and I have a sneaking suspicion LSU lays the wood to bama (win by 10 is laying wood in our case) and their overhyped defense. they are ranked #1 because teams play very conservatively against a bad offensive team which leads to low scoring games.

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Their offensive line is perhaps one of the best we'll face this year...and that doesn't bode well...Our safeties and corners are not "run stuffers" in the line of Odell Thurman or Thomas Davis...They're superiorities (though not on display this year) are via coverage.

This also being a down year at linebacker in a sense of 1/3 of the rotation there STILL unsure of itself (Kuale maddens me each & every time he's on the field; I tire of every single play watching him looking at other players and holding his hands out like, "Where should I be, everyone?")...This means that an defensive line that has been underwhelming compared to '03 will bear the brunt of the grunt work...

We are going to have to play ball control because we are going to HAVE to keep our defensive line off the field. That's the strategy against Bama everyone has used. We could go vertical, but against this team, I'd honestly recommend against it.

They haven't truly impressed against too many this year, but their O-line can change this game for them. Their mail-carriers aren't that good, their offensive line is. You can't explain 229/game without focusing on the fact that they lost 2 of their top tailbacks to injury...and their top quarterback as well.

That means they're punishing people on the ground who KNOW the run's coming...They're pulverizing people. LSU's job will be to 3 and out, keeping the down and distance manageable, and turning the ball over to the offense.

The key will be for the offense to control the ball, control the time of possession battle, and put points on the board that puts pressure on the Bama O-Line to pass pro as opposed to being able to just grind it out.

Anytime you put a good O-Line that likes to run block on their heels in pass pro, you take them out of your element. You also play to LSU's strength, and you increase your chances of getting our defense off the field.

Perhaps I'm talking doom and gloom, and I know I've been preaching the vertical attack opening up the run...But this game, the tale of the tape may be TOP, field position, and dictating down & distance on defense.

I hope that I am wrong about this...But I have bad feelings about Saturday.

6. tirk

no need to worry. you're overlooking a few spots where LSU will dominate and score when neeeded. Bama's d,while good, is a tad overhyped. we'll be fine IF we don't turn it over more than once.

7. TigerEducated

Which spots are those?

8. TigerEducated

Bama's defense is ranked 1st nationally...How are they "overhyped"?

9. tirk

already explained. when you play against a conservative, one-dimensional offense, your gameplan becomes more conservative in itself. Common sense if you follow football which I know you do to an extent.

The loophole is bama's rushing game which has done so against a weak schedule from utah st to ole miss to western carolina to southern miss. all are very weak this year and LSU will control the running game of Bama forcing them into passing situations. Bama averaged 5 yards per rush which will be closer to 3 against LSU, maybe 2 yards per rush if Nick gets his gameplan right.

Watch for LSU to establish the run and control this game on both sides. LSU wins by 10 +.

10. TigerEducated

I don't care what they've done against what teams...They've produced...

BTW-They've given up 200+ yards once...to Utah State...They "blistered" the Tide for 205 yards...

NO ONE ELSE HAS THROWN FOR OVER 200+ YARDS AGAINST THEM.

They rank 1st against the pass, with only 107.4 per game...

Stats are stats...But they're not overhyped...and the offenses faced have been legitimate...No one's saying they are playing the #1 schedule in America.

What I'm saying is that this team is a very poor matchup for LSU. I have a bad feelings.