A quick question....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Jun 11, 2003.

1. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

Since Texas knocked out the nations #1 seed, Does that mean that we (#2 LSU) are the #1 seed of the CWS? How does that work?

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Good question. I was wondering the same thing.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LSU is ranked # 4 in the Collegiate Baseball poll and # 5 in the Baseball America poll with Texas flipflopped # 5 and # 4 sithe the Tigers. Rice, CS Fullerton and Stanford are 1, 2 & 3 in both polls

4. swoop

swoop Founding Member

nope, they did the seeding before the regionals, so really texas took over the number 1 seed.

5. There is no reseeding of the teams once the initial top 8 are announced.

Since UT beat #1, they have the #1 spot in the brackets. Doesn't mean that they now have the #1 next to their name, but they would have the benefits of being the top seed. If the brackets were bigger, then the opponent would be a lower seed. Guess you could argue their bracket is lighter....?

And the polls have nothing to do with the seeding from the NCAA other than being one of many factors (RPI, etc. also involved).

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

At this point in the toruny I wouldn't say any team has a siginifigant advantage over another because of seeding. When you are down to the Elite 8 in basketball all the teams are considered very good, I think the same is true in baseball. There is just as much if not more parity in baseball than basketball.

7. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

Rice

With the pitching that Rice has, I like their chances getting to the national championship series. They have SWM who gave up a lot of runs to Ohio State in their 2-0 sweep. They can afford to save their ace for the potential second round matchup.