A serious question regarding LSU baseball....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by STRIPES, May 8, 2005.

1. u r tigerbait22

u r tigerbait22 Founding Member

scrap, i accidentally put your name in there...i meant the stripes guy (i think thats who it is) that said something about turtle wasn't a good recruiter b/c the caliber of the pitchers.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: O.K. JayB, then what is your belief as to why there is such a lack of development?

You just want to complain. Dirks is a freakin sophomore. I think he's developing just fine. Smith, Determan, Meier, all have developed well while at LSU. English is a freshman. Give him time to develop. He'll be a good one. Admit you are pissed because we lost to Kentucky and quit looking for (non-existent) reasons to degrade the LSU program.

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

LSU def has some good pitchers. There will always be good pitchers who want to come to LSU. The Tigers have a good core group of young pitchers.

4. SabanFan

Re: Truthfully most of LSU baseball's success happenede PRIOR to Turtle....

I was talking about advancing to a super regional every year that there has been a super regional. Maybe you insist on winning the whole thing every year. I don't. ULL has been to the CWS once since the beginning of time. Listen to them. They think their program is the bomb and Robichaux the greatest thing since sliced bread. You should be happy you are a fan of LSU and quit living in the past.

5. Soap

Soap Founding Member

You are a huge homer if your trying to tell me Edgar Ramirez has been a stud out of the pen. Bottom line to me is, we have good enough talent, but I don't like Laval as a manager.

6. SabanFan

So every pitcher on the roster has to be a stud performing at the highest level everytime out? Jeez. Have you watched any baseball in your life? Did Skip never have a player who didn't meet expectations?

By the way, maybe we can't bunt. :hihi:

7. Soap

Soap Founding Member

I never said he had to be a stud. I'm saying Edgar has been shakey at best in any appearance. The guy was basically saying every pitcher on our staff is a ace and because of some certain circumstances, they aren't blowing everybody away. I know very well that alot of players never fullfill other peoples' expextations, but that is not my point. And yes, i've watched more LSU baseball than you in the past 8 years.

8. SabanFan

Nobody said every pitcher was an ace.

You should pay attention while at the Box. You might learn something.

9. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

Before some of you fly off the handle and take things so personally....

Why don't you try to answer a question without becoming emotional about it?

According to some answers in this thread:

(a) It hasn't been the recruiting because LSU recruiting is "great".
    (b) Turtle is great and has made no mistakes in recruiting.
    (c) LSU's pitching staff is loaded with talent.
    (d) LSU isn't struggling to find 3 SEC caliber pitchers.

O.K., if the recruiting is great, the coaching is great, the talent is great, & LSU is in such great shape with it's SEC pitching rotation
    then what is the problem with the baseball team and why has LSU lost so many Friday Night games in so many weekend series over the last two seasons?

You can say all you want about Lane Mestepey being a great guy and that he has been injured but that isn't the point. Mestepey has been hurt for 2 years and LSU still hasn't found a suitable third pitcher for SEC
    weekends. Based on what Turtle himself was saying publicly this wasn't going to be the case this year because LSU had recruited so well.

Why can't LSU come up with a consistant mid-week effort by some of these pitchers who aren't pitching on weekends? None of these pitchers who Turtle has talked up publicly has come around & stepped up to perform this year and that's obvious.

Some of you guys are such "homers" that any post that doesn't wave
    Pom-Poms & asks an obvious question is treated as if someone pissed in your Cheerios. Hell, I am an LSU fan but I have seen enough baseball to know that there is something wrong on that team and if it isn't (a) coaching; (b)talent;
    or (c)recruiting, then what is it?

10. geauxgirl

geauxgirl Founding Member

Stripes, as you can tell if you dare to question LSU some "fans" consider that blasphemy and will attack you. No matter what your opinion they want you to keep it to yourself and only say great things about LSU. IMHO the pitching staff shows signs of greatness and mediocrity. Sometimes in the same game.