A simple prayer request...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Aug 11, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I have seen what you are talking about on the Health channel if I am not mistaken. I would definitely look into to it.

2. LSUPHIL

LSUPHIL Freshman

try not to worry so much. your fam will be in prayers.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This Texas Tiger will be praying for you and your family.

4. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

Educate yourself and your family. Adult onset diabetes can usually be controlled by modifying your diet and exercise. If the diabetic in question is COMPLIANT, there is no reason that he or she can not lead a full and healthy life. The non-traditional treatments mentioned have their place, but like traditional remedies, if you're not compliant they don't work. Remember that prevention is the best treatment and everyone in your family should be aware of the potential to develop diabetes.

Ya'll are in my prayers.

5. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

I'm not what you'd call the most religious of men, but I will certainly say a prayer for you.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'll get my wife involved. She has a much better connection.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My prayers as well. I have three close friends or relatives with diabetes, amigo, and they are all doing very well with it. Try not to waste too much energy worrying about getting diabetes. Just get yourself tested now and then. It is undiagnosed and untreated diabetes that causes severe medical problems. Modern medications are very effective. Now that your dad is diagnosed, his blood sugar can be regulated to avoid complications.

8. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

It is quite moving when I see all the nice support from fellow Tiger fans.

TE, you should have yourself checked up to see if you have any adult onset diabetes or being borderline diabetic, including the cholesterol profile. There are medications that can have the effect of reducing the chances of you getting the full blown diabetes down the road if you are borderline. The key is to cut down on obesity, which is a serious problem in the U.S., esp. with the gigantic servings and greasy fast food, and keeping a watchful eye on your health, i.e. yearly checkups. In keeping good control, you can lessen the chances of facing the long term complications of diabetes with kidney and vascular disease. Better that you look into these issues now than finding out later already with the complications.

My prayers are with you and your family. :)
    ________
    CALIFORNIA DISPENSARIES

9. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

My prayers are with you buddy. Good luck and God bless.

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Thank you all for the advice, information, and words of wisdom...I just got in again from the Hospital tonight, and I told Bengalfan...He smiled, and then asked me what channel the Jimmy Ott replay came on basic cable...

It looks like the swelling is going down, and he's still going through discomfort, but its lessening...No worries with amputation. He said that the doctors were relieved on Tuesday when he first checked in to get a great "toe pulse"...

The blood cultures won't be ready until at least Saturday...From there, we find out if it was just a run of the mill ordinary infection that was worsened by the diabetic condition which went untreated for so long, or whether it was a tad bit worse...Either way, he sees the light at the end of the tunnel, which is good.

He's going to have to go through some radical changes in diet and lifestyle...I mean, food and cooking are this guy's life...

I've also been taking a long look at myself...I plan on getting the physical workup asap...

Thanks again to everyone...Really...