A View of Global Warming

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Jan 4, 2018.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

you should change your settings, so you can send and receive personal messages, it's easier to get answers that way, plus nobody else will know what a dolt you are.

hover your cursor over your name on the top right
    click on, contact details, on the drop down menu
    check mark, accept conversations from... members only

and that's it,.. ask me anything, if I don't know I'll help you find out

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Sticks and stones may, aw fuck it my feathered friend keep voting democrat and sliding toward Gomorrah. You are on the wrong side history will prove me right. The results?

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You forget I am old (you guys have reminded me of that often) and lazy sounds like a lot of work. May give it a try. Thanks for the offer.

I am still hearing crickets
    giphy-9.gif

4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

yeah, it's complicated

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

You are right, it is gonna be hot, but that issue is weather, not climate. Forget temperature, Elliott City, MD, two 1,000 year floods . . . . in 2 years!

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

7. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Here is my take on climate change/global warming/whatever you want to call it......let the scientist do their work. This isn't political, nor should it be. As you have pointed out, the earth has gone through many climate cycles in the past, some larger than others. So is it possible that we are in the midst of yet another? Sure. Is it also possible that mankind is making it worse this go around with the burning of fossil fuels? Sure. The problem for all of us is that there are big money interests on both sides of this argument who have a stake in ensuring that the facts aren't allowed to dictate the debate and that is a shame because this isn't a political punching bag. As of today, I will follow the advice and conclusions of scientists over politicians any day. No different than taking economic advice from an economist over a politician.

8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

exactly
    Not so fast my friend, the scientist have something to lose here also in the form of grants. A sizable number are controlled by the same interests as the politicans.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Reasonable you are in the words of Yoda. However the burning of fossil fuels have nothing to do with climate only local pollution. Climate is totally different than weather and pollution. Climate is dictated by first the universes effect on our solar system and our solar systems effects on our own earth.

One thing you might consider is that since the use of fossil fuel the automobile and modern day industry and such life expectancy in the US has soared. Also you like many are stuck on the CO2 bad less CO2 good. The truth is more CO2 is better for humans on earth than less CO2. CO2 is an oderless invisible inert gas essential for life on earth. Abundant CO2 make the planet greener much more productive for crops thus feeding the world better. Also we should all feel lucky we are as warm as we are now (although it has been much warmer in the not too distant past) because life is more pleasant on earth than an earth that is in a cooler stage. The ancient climate like the Jurassic period (the age of the dinosaurs) had much much more CO2 than now yet the earth was lush with abundant plant and animal life. How could this be?

Man has been on earth for a blink of the eye in geologic or earth time. It would be arrogant, unscientific and dare I say God like to think politicians can ask you to vote for them because THEY can control the weather, temperature on earth and future climate. Want to follow the money? IMHO the man made global warming scam is just that a leftist fraud and a scam. It's purpose is to extract a carbon tax worldwide making both rich countries and poor counties poorer and giving centralized power to either a national government or even a world governance that will DICTATE how we live. I am certain if that were ever to happen the people running this fraud would not suffer like us serfs would. They instead would sit in their 24,000 sqaure foot homes, fly around in their jets, motor around in their SUV'S preaching to us about "sustainability" and living "small". This is who Al Gore is and he is a microcosm of the rest.

OUR FEAR SHOULD BE ANOTHER LITTLE OR EVEN WORST GREAT ICE AGE.
    We should not waste time and money on how to control weather and the climate but rather how to get prepared for it. Besides one fart from the real global warmer the sun and its over for us anyway.

No insults BTW

LSUpride123 likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Only 998 more years till the next one in Baton Rouge. I once drove down that main street in Ellicott City. I don't know if it's near any rivers or large lakes.