A View of Global Warming

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Jan 4, 2018.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Soon as I saw and heard the news flash about the "heat wave" I knew it was bovine scatology. BTW on Tuesday in Houston a cool front arrives high temp will be 89. Unheard of in late July in Houston.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The northernmost populated village in the world had a high temperature of 70 the other day for the first time ever. Don't remember the name of the place but it is within the Arctic circle.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Just one problem. First time ever in who's lifetime and since what time period? During the Roman era and the Medieval Warm period it was much warmer than today. Wonder if back then they said hey Spartacus it's a little hot today or did they say het Spartacus I think our chariots are causing global warming. The mistake people make is thinking of climate in a very short time period. Last year for instance we had modern day record cold spelks and snowfall in many places. If we are in a warm period currently so what it's been warming and cooling since time began and will continue to do so in spite of us.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I am only concerned about the weather during my lifetime and it's getting hotter every summer. Maybe if I quit smoking and drinking and eat heathy foods I will live another 400,000 years. Go on the Methuselah diet.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

How long have you been smoking?

Bengal B likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Abot 40 years. I've quit dozens of times but like they said in The Godfather, Every time I get out, they keep pulling me back in."

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I started when I joined the Air Force, so probably some where around the 1967 time frame. I quit after we won the 2007 BCS championship. I'm lucky that as a result of my medical issues I undergo a battery of tests. They did a lung CAT scan recently and thank goodness there were no issues. Unfortunately I'm still addicted to my 2 beer a night addiction. My wife, son, & daughter in law wanted me to give it up completely, but I drew the line and said I needed it for medicinal purposes. :D

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

From the article MC posted explain the red highlighted facts. So I assume you were alive around 1980 and if so isnt it cooler right now?

Let's get back to the overhype. Watching ABC's network news tonight, they claimed "2 out of every 3 Americans will be at heat risk." Really? Why? What happened to air conditioning? The "heat wave" is supposed to last 3 days. So what? Geez, does no one remember in 1980 when Dallas had 42 straight days over 100 !!! Or as my friend Joe D'Aleo with Weather Bell Analytics pointed out in his blog,.."People now can weather the worst of the heat with Air Conditioning". The Great New England Heat Wave in July of 1911 had Boston at 104, Bangor, ME. 106 and that heat lasted for 11 days. Nobody knew about AC back then and very few had electricity to run fans. Over 2,000 died back when the population was not that big. It has happened before, but let's stop the hyping of every weather event as "extreme". Hurricanes & tornadoes are not getting stronger. What is happening is cell phones (cameras) are getting more numerous. Love your thoughts, but no name calling please!

BTW 400,000 years longer? man send me a copy of your diet B

Bengal B likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I had a chest X Ray about a month ago and no problems. A bit of weezing when I exert myself but I've had bronchial problems at times since my youth.