A way to Sell out all the games at Tiger Stadium!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Feb 11, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

They need to put a sliding price scale on tickets for every game during the season. Example-Take our schedule next season-ULM and UL Tech $30 a ticket. Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, and Georgia charge $40 a tickets. They should charge less weaker(cream puff teams) and more for the bigger games. They should also have a price range for the middle of the line teams and lower SEC teams(Mississippi State, South Carolina) say $35 dollars. This floating ticket price policy is used by many school like University of Texas. Another solution is to charge more money for tickets in the lower bowl than the upper decks. I'm not saying jack up the price in the lower level, I'm just saying charge around $5 more a ticket. People in the upper decks should not have to pay the same price for tickets but not get as good of view.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

not a bad idea

but fooling around with tickets or prices is complete sacralige. I personally don't have a problem with any of that, but i do have a problem with the folks in some parts of the upper deck paying less than me in the north endzone. I've sat in some upperdeck seats on the east and west and both have been excellent seats, esp. in the lower parts of the deck. JMHO

BTW - i am 100% behind TAF's proposal to obtain control of seats in TS. That's becasue I am not for the business of inheriting seats. I got in the game late (I am 35), have had season tiks for about 7 years thru TAF, because that's how I got the best tiks available at the time.

I say have everyone pull the freight for a top-notch program.

3. eric d

eric d Founding Member

I believe it is the new york mets are doing that next season. I think it is a great idea, and will happen eventually. Ticket sales are only one part of revenues at sporting events. There is also concessions, parking, merchandise, and many others. It also makes it easier to get advertising inside the stadium and on tv.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

When the upperdeck is eventually horseshoed there will deffinately need to be a graduated ticket scale in order to fill 110,000 seats for many games.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Most if not all NFL, MLB, NBA teams have variable prices for different seating locations. It makes sense that a ticket on the 50 yard line should cost more than a ticket in the endzone.

But it seems like most games are sold out, just there are no shows for the games against cream puffs. I think it could be a good idea if LSU set up some way for people that know they aren't going to the game to donate their tickets to school kids or charities. That way people who normally don't get to go to games could be exposed to Tiger Stadium and people who would have eaten the unused ticket cost can now have a tax write off. Everybody wins!!

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thats a great idea MikeD I couldn't go to either the USL game or the Citadel game last year because I had to be out of town on business. Nobody I offered the Citadel tickets to was interested and the people I gave the USL tickets to ended up not going because it was raining. Maybe LSU could set up something where you could mail them the tickets for games you can't attend and LSU could set up something with the local schools where kids could put their names on a list and the tickets that would be otherwise unused could be given to the kids. I don't know how it works now but when I was in high school you could go out to Tiger Stadium early on game day and hook up with one of the concessions people and sell cokes or hot dogs or peanuts at the game. Not only did I get into a lot of games that way but I also made a few bucks