a

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GMoney2600, Feb 18, 2004.

1. GMoney2600

GMoney2600 Founding Member

Completely agree DD, I dont want to go in as an 8 seed like last year. Look what happened in the 1st round

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Last year's first round defeat at the hands of Purdue was flat out embarassing. Brady was completely outcoached by the worst combover in all of college sports.

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Well, we did screw it up last night, but if we beat Vanderbilt on Saturday, we'll be fine.

We can basically forget winning the SEC West now though. We won't catch Miss. State even if we beat them on their court and run the table.

Let's concentrate on winning out and winning the SEC Tourney.

And I would also sit Lloreda for Vandy. It's a calculated risk; we match up well with Vandy on post even without him, although we certainly would stand a better chance of winning with him. But we absolutely MUST have him healthy for the stretch run.

Chill out folks, it's not the end of the world. But it was a blown opportunity.

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Lazare showed he can play some valuable minutes. Depends if Regis can play. If he can't go, you will need to play Jaime for about 15 minutes to spell Lazare periodically. We played with 7 last night, while AU was able to freely substitute. If we can get healthy, we can bounce back. Prognosis on Regis is he may be out until next Wed.

5. GMoney2600

GMoney2600 Founding Member

I agree with Lloreda sitting out. I don't care if he has to miss the rest of the regular season games, if it means having his ankle at 100%. Because if he gets hurt again and has to miss the tourney or play injured like last night, then its 1 and out.

6. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

I couldnt agree more.....like I said in another post GMoney2600,

Now, I fully support Brady and respect Lloreda's talent and heart. BUT....speaking of lazarre, I keep wondering why he didn't get lot more minutes. He was very productive and hustled like hell while he was in. Why put in the minimally effective Lloreda and leave him in there? Auburn was abusing him because they knew he was 50%. I can't tell you how many times Lloreda was walking around out there and getting burnt and shooting half ass and just genuinly playing poor. Why not take him out and let him sit out the game, with a 6th man full of energy who was having a career night. I think the reason we lost is because Lloreda was in for too many minutes in his poor condition, and auburn was able to exploit this weekness. I saw it with mine own two eyes.

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

There is one positive for me after last night ...

I won't have any trouble parking close to the PMAC and I won't have to arrive early for the next game!

It was amazing how a few thousand more fans affected traffic last night.

8. jcnumberone

jcnumberone Founding Member

I hope it is back to the the way it was before this game. The extra "fans," and I used this term very loosely, showed no emotion the whole game and left when there were still 1/2 of the game still to be played out. I have said it before and I will say it again,"The best and worst thing about LSU are its fans." I will never understand why people leave early; it looks stupid and embarrasing, and demoralizing to the team, and ... please do not get me started. GEAUX TIGERS!!! and I still believe in you, will be with you EVERY step of the way and please do not pay ANY attention to all the so called fans who left early.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Gimme a break Dude. I wasn't at the game but I heard them talking about it on a sports talk show a while ago. The student section was yelling obcenities and things like "Don't come back" at people who were leaving with the score 70-49. If you pay for a ticket you have the right to do what you want. If you want to come late, leave early or wipe your ass with it it is your right. Basketball is entertainment just like the cable TV or the movie you pay for. If I go to a movie and it sucks I will leave before its over. There is no excuse for yelling at people who leave because they are no longer being entertained. If anybody ever gets in my face and starts a rant because I am leaving early they will be eating soup for a few weeks.