AAF: Memphis vs Birmingham game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Feb 10, 2019.

1. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

If anyone is interested, a bunch of former LSU players will be playing in the Memphis Express @ Birmingham Iron game today at 4 pm eastern (3 central) on CBS sports network. You can also watch it for free at AAF.com or the AAF app.

Who's on the team?
    QB Zack Mettenberger
    RB Terrence Magee
    OT Toby Weathersby
    DT Greg Gilmore
    DL Sam Montgomery
    LB Anthony Johnson
    P Brad Wing
    K Josh Jasper

I was at the Orlando Apollos game last night and had a great time. The game moves a lot faster than an NFL game with fewer commercials and a 35 second play clock.

The Memphis team is made up of players from LSU, Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kentucky, and a bunch of other smaller schools.

The Birmingham team is composed of players from Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State, South Carolina, and others.

Basically its SEC vs SEC. So lets keep the rivalries going!

GEAUX EXPRESS! Beat the Iron!

diamondheadtiger, kcal and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Firestick won't drop the app. That was a huge suck. Looks like Memphis got smoked

3. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

Yeah, that game was ugly. Memphis played good defense until the very ended, but their offense was terrible. Sound familiar?

Mettenberger didn't play. The starting QB, Hackenburg wasn't good and his receivers definitely didn't help him out with all the drops.

I like what I see from this league. The faster pace of the game and the massive reduction of commercials is awesome. Also, the refs are letting the players play. There's been a lot of hits that would have drawn a flag in the NFL.

Kickoffs are going to be phased out of the NFL, college, and high school. The AAF proves that they are not needed.

Brian likes this.
  4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Watched the first half. Decent, neat the Hallmark Channel. Birmingham looked superior.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I downloaded the app with firestick but they were showing other shit beside the game,

6. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

It's an NFL by-product... #FIRERODGER