Aaron Brooks elected to Saints Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by fanatic, May 20, 2014.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Agreed. His terrible attitude is the reason he doesn't get more credit. He's certainly not the worst QB the Saints have ever had, but I was surprised as everyone else when I heard he made the team HoF.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Willie Jackson scored three in the second half. Willie Jackson.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

...on passes from Aaron Brooks. I'm missing your point.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Just that Willie Jackson scored three touchdowns in a half. He had a good year as a Saint in 2000, but I don't think he cought three passes in the entire remainder of his career.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@LSUsupaFan ha ha, gotcha. You made me go look him up, because my recollection of WJ as a Saint was as a pretty good ball player. Quick summary, 8 seasons with 5 teams, including 2 with the Saints. They were definitely his most productive seasons. 118 of his 284 career catches, and 11 of his 24 career TDs, were with the Saints. And no question, the playoff game in 2000 was his "career game." I interviewed him during the following training camp, and he seemed like a pretty cool guy. He would start 15 of 16 games that year and catch 81 passes, by far his best season. He signed with the Falcons in free agency the following year - proving my judgement of him as a "pretty cool guy" was dead wrong.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Aaron Brooks is the best Saints QB not named Drew Brees. Plenty of Saints fans won't give him his due, but he played head and shoulders above anyone previous save Archie Manning. He's the only QB in NFL history to throw for 400 yards and run for 100 in the same game. I never gave a shit that he smiled a lot. So did Brett Favre. He also won the Saints first playoff game and he did it without Ricky Williams and Joe Horn. Were it not for a terrible defense, it would have been a blowout over one of the favorite teams to go to the Superbowl. The last season in New Orleans (2004) he carried the team on a four game win streak to finish just out of the season and barely miss the playoffs because of tiebreakers.

If Brooks isn't worthy, no Saints QB is worthy...

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he wasnt even the best qb on his own team. jake delhomme was a significantly better qb. as was archie manning. hell that scrub john fourcade would give him a run.

how are you always so wrong about shit.

8. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Can't forget Steve Walsh.

9. old school

old school Veteran Member

Mentioning Jake Delhomme made me think if there were any other QB's that we had that later started in the Super Bowl for other teams. Without doing any research I thought of Billy Kilmer.

tirk likes this.
  10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Didn't Kerry Collins start a few games one year?