Abandoning the Run is NOT a Good Idea

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunPunk, Oct 13, 2007.

1. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

Total BS.... You odviously know nothing about football. CLM put blame on players for not executing plays and for some of his playcalling. CLMis a passionate guy and I will stand behind him.

Say GoodNight TenTonJim....
    :geauxtige :geauxtige
    :geauxtige :geauxtige

2. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

Thanks for the laugh! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now please leave with all the other "Fair Weather" fans.

3. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

Perrilloux has completed over 70% of his passes. I'll take my chances that he can inject some life into a dormant passing game. Why not give him a few chances to make something happen with his arm, instead of just sending him out there to run the ball 95% of the time?

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I am concerned that Flynn reinjured the ankle during this game, and hence affected his passes.

I agree with an earlier post that Hester is not quite the same in this game; I think the Florida game took a lot out of not just Hester, but quite a few other players. The thigh bruise early in the game certainly didn't help. I had hoped that in OT, Charles Scott should have had more carries since Hester is not up to form.

Hope the Tigers rest up well the remainder of this weekend as they will need it. Emotionally, I think they will be in a better positon to prepare for Auburn.

5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

EXACTLY!! He made some really stupid decisions in the USC game when he just felt pressure. I just knew Pelini would come after him, but the fact the 4 DL's could not even hurry him, it is pathetic.

The blitzing packages were very bland and UK knew where they were coming from. The DL's looked very very poor.

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Because you can't take that kind of a chance while a game is on the line. You go with your experience. If Flynn goes down then you have no choice but who figured Flynn would have an off game? You do realize also that if the balls dropped are caught he looks good today despite the few inaccuracies he had.

I think everyone is being too critical. This was a good Kentucky team with nothing to lose. They had the #1 team in the country come to their house and were sky high. Anyone remember Florida in 1997? That was the same atmosphere Kentucky put up today.

7. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Couldn't agree with you more on these points. I didn't even read your defensive issues because if you fix the points above on offense the defense takes care of itself...Excellent points. It's what I think a lot of Tiger fans are asking tonight.

8. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Flynn has had too many "off" games for my liking. The young man has waited and is an "okay" QB but RP is a big time talent and he was underutilized today.

9. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

LSU is better than Kentucky. LSU should have won this game. The defense deserves most of the blame.

But, the passing game has been shaky in most games this year. Dropped passes, protection breakdowns, poor throws. Flynn's had what, one "on" game? His play tonight shouldn't have been terribly surprising. It's not all his fault, of course, but the status quo isn't making it happen, and there is an obvious option available to mix things up. We have to get more out of the passing game.

Perrilloux should have been worked into the passing game in the SC and Tulane wins. We aren't using every weapon available.

Experience isn't everything, obviously. Marcus Randall was a senior too.

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Come on man, think about it. If the Lafell drops are complete and the Zinger drop is a TD we would be celebrating a victory in regulation and Flynn would have had a good game. Perrilloux just isn't ready to take over this team. He will be but not until next season...the end of this one at the earliest.

Everyone wants the back-up. Last year Matt was the most popular man on the bench behind the #1 draft pick in the country. Flynn has the tools...he may have a little bit of a confidence issue right now but I look for him to have a lights out game next week. My predictions usually come true...been doing it since I called for Rohan to be given some time to jel. :thumb: