ABC Email Address

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Sourdoughman, Jan 1, 2004.

1. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

I said,

Your announcers for the USC-Michigan game on January 1, 2004 were very pathetic. I had no idea that the national championship was being played in the Rose Bowl this year. Keith Jackson and Dan Fouts kept saying over and over that USC is the national champions. My point is....hire announcers who know what is going on.

Thank you.

[email protected]

2. NCTiger

NCTiger Founding Member

My email

Dear Sirs,

What a dis-service to college football and college football fans around the country displayed by your coverage of today's Rose Bowl. Beyong the obvious bias shown towards USC throughout the game - the most dissapointing part of the telecast was the proclamations of USC as National Champions 3 days before the playing of the Champinship Game of the Bowl Championship Series. Why were your game reporters and post game correspondents allowed to diminish the relevence of the BCS Championship Game when your network is supposed to abide by and support the agreements made by the BCS and the membership conferences? Wasn't that in some way explixit or emplied by awarding ABC with the BCS television contract? How can you support statements from correspondents like "USC won the National Championship on the field today? What is LSU and Oklahoma playing on? Will not the winner of that game also have only one loss... and the winner will have defeated a one loss team, not a two loss team as USC did with Michigan.

I fervently hope that you withdraw from bidding on the next BCS contract since you obviously do not beleive in that system.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

None of this will do any good. All your emails will do is to confirm that you were watching ABC and that they got good ratings. They know that no matter how pissed off people are they are still going to watch ABC when there is something on that they want to see. C'mon, how many of you are really going to stop watching Monday Night Football just because you're pissed at ABC?

I do like TE's TIVO idea though.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I understand what your saying Bengal B.

I won't stop watching Monday Night Football either.

The thing is it makes us feel better, there is nothing we can do
    to stop a network from doing whatever they want or say.

but

I agree with mesquite, Tivo still records programs including commercial so I don't see that makes any difference.

Please someone explain that to us...

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Besides its better than doing nothing and just taking crap like this from pathetic assholes

6. wildtiger

wildtiger Guest

This is wat i wrote to ABC

Your announcers are the worst ever in college football !!!! I think a spilt national championship is the dumbest idea ever created in the USA…. I think Pete Carroll is a crybaby, because he agreed to abide by BCS rules. The ABC announcers are the most biased ever in sports entertainment. I think Keith Jackson and Dan Flouts should be fired because it makes the network look biases and prejudice. If it weren’t for my greatest interest in college football and the future of these young players I would boycott your network and sponsors. After watching the coverage of the Rose Bowl, my greatest hope is that upper management of Ford Motor Company and Citi Corp. are OU or LSU fans.

7. MaconGATiger

MaconGATiger Founding Member

My $0.02 for the fine crew at ABC sports, which by the way, originally consisted of so many worse things. However, in the interest of LSU and general class, I was able to tone it down to this. I have no idea how TiVo could make things better but I took TE's advice and included it.

"That was the most pathetic bunch of crap I've ever had the displeasure of listening to in my entire life. Your network is the most partisan group of announcers and commentators to have ever called a game. How the hell can you think it's OK to promote a 3rd place BCS team as a National Champion. Do you even realize what you're taking away from an LSU team that has earned the right, according to the current system in place known as the BCS, to be in the true National Championship or is it all about the money. Hmm, let me think!. Bowden, Saunders, James, and the little man doing onfield interviews may as well have performed fellatio on Carroll and Leinert at the 50 yard line. There are no words to describe the disgust that I feel with the way your crew has shamed the game of college football today. I had considered the purchase of TiVo occasionally before today, now it is a certainty. Never again will I watch ABC unless I'm forced to watch a sportscast and even then, I will not be forced to listen to this filth that spewed from the mouths of some of the most ignorant announcers I've ever heard. You can proclaim what you will, USC will not not hold the trophy of the National Champion or for that matter, 1/2 of it"

8. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

Exactly....will there be a crystal trophy at USC this year???? NO!!!!!! It's going to either be in OU or LSU, and I don't believe either will mail it to USC for them to share :)

9. LSU Stud

LSU Stud Founding Member

ABC Sports,

I am writing this in disgust at the lack of professionalism exhibited by your network and its employees in Thursday’s broadcast of the BCS Rose Bowl. In the days leading up to the game and in the game itself, ABC analysts and announcers continuously stated that the Rose Bowl is the national championship of Division I-A college football this year, not the designated BCS championship game, the Sugar Bowl. If I am not mistaken, ABC played a big role in formulating the BCS promoting its cause. After the events of the past few weeks, I am shocked to say that I have never seen a more hypocritical media outlet than ABC.

As far as the commentators of the Rose Bowl are concerned, I have the same utter disgust towards them as I do your network. Throughout the game, Keith Jackson and Dan Fauts made derogatory comments concerning the Sugar Bowl and its participants. Dan Fauts said, and I quote, “Oklahoma and LSU are lucky. Not because they are playing for the BCS, but because they do not have to play USC.” I have no problem with him thinking that the participants of the Sugar Bowl could lose to USC; however, I do have a problem with him saying that LSU and OU are lucky to be playing for the true national championship. If I am not mistaken, I believe the BCS was created to determine the two best teams. Although the three teams do have similar records, each with one loss, the two best teams were clearly chosen based on the computer rakings, human polls, and strength of schedule. If your network has a problem with this, I fail to see how it can continue to call itself the chief BCS network. Back to the commentators … In the post game coverage Terry Bowden and company practically handed the national championship to the USC Trojans. Also, members of the broadcast team stated that Pete Carroll voted USC as the number one team and all other coaches should follow suit.

After hearing what the so-called “experts” had to say regarding the BCS championship, I see no reason for Sunday’s game to be played. After all, hasn’t the national championship already been decided? Why not hand the game over to another network? I will continue to hold judgment as to whether or not this is a huge publicity stunt based merely on TV ratings and an infatuation with the west coast, unless of course, the same propaganda continues to be spouted by the network.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They will probably have one made for themselves.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: