About Crowton (Not ULL-Related)...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Is there even a small chance that his offense would work with a better quartback / O-line? Have any of the gurus out there broken down some film and seen consistently open receivers for huge gains, had the QB just hit them? It worked okay in 2007...

As I'm typing this, I'm thinking back to the horrendous game-planning, play-calling, and lack of adjustments that we've seen for two seasons now. That has nothing to do with the QB, I guess.

Just trying to find something to cling to in the event that he's still employed here next year. I'd hate to spend the entire off-season feeling like all is lost for LSU's offense...again.

:(
    :geaux:

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

How has Oregon's offense done since he LEFT? And whose job is it to coach the QBs?

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Nothing personal, but we probably don’t need another thread will turn to a Crowton bashing thread. I am pretty certain it is the general consensus of this board, and possibly the entire LSU fan base that Crowton must go.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Yep, and only Les can pull the trigger either way. Ultimately I don't think there's much point in getting sucked into the ULL situation or any other rumors that come up. Last year all the "sources" insisted that his ouster was a done deal, only to prove completely wrong in the end. And all the conflicting reports make it even harder to decipher what's really going on behind the scenes. I'd just keep my eyes peeled for an official announcement in the coming weeks/months.

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Agree with the second part, but Oregon doing so well hardly has anything to do with Crowton leaving.

I believe Crowton knows what he's doing in the box. However, I don't think he is that good at developing players. I haven't seen any offensive players over the past few years go through significant improvements. Jimbo was good at developing players but wasn't the best play-caller. Yet...both won national championships. I wouldn't mind a change if it means another :crystal:

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

LSU Fans Will Suffer Because of Gary Crowton PicklewagonPicklewagon

7. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Look, I think GC should go to, but our own players have = share in the suck fest this year MINUS the RB's...

Even with GC, our O can win us games if our players play smart, hard and mistake free.

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

There's no such thing as a free lunch; everything worth while costs something. This is the price of the 3rd and 4th quarters of Bama, and the Old Piss game.
    [Pause] [Clink] [pour] [drink] I need to think about this.
    [Pause] [Clink] [pour] [drink] It may . .
    [Pause] [Clink] [pour] [drink] be worth it.

[Pause] [Clink] [No pour] "What, empty!!?? Another dead Mexican soldier??"

But then again, maybe it isn't.

10. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

Interesting non-quote from Miles press conference Monday:

Asked a follow-up question about whether he wanted Crowton back as the offensive coordinator, Miles said “I’ve got to be real honest. I don’t want to talk about that.”