About Crowton (Not ULL-Related)...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

So which is it? This is pretty odd, and doesn't put Crowton in the best light in this situation. Very unlike CLM to make a comment like that. We can only hope Crowton is blowing smoke. If I were Miles I'd buy the joker out myself.

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Crowton is in the last year of his contract. There is no buyout. Either Les extends his current contract, Crowton takes another job on his own, or Les fires his a$$ outright. I agree, that statement of his is not a vote of confidence.

3. Blue TurboDog

From what I have read, next season is his last year, it seems...I think he gets half a mil?

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Looking more and more like we're getting another season of Crow

5. lsudolemite

If we are, then Les could have put this whole issue to bed already by saying "Gary is our man, he has my full confidence and I'm looking forward to another season." When somebody says "I don't wanna talk about it", there is serious trouble in paradise.

6. lsudolemite

You may be right. I thought this was his last year, but if all it costs us is $500K to get rid of him it's money VERY well spent.

7. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

In a presser...Les says he is happy with the direction of the offense. He has seen great improvement in the line play and at the QB and WR position. Crowton is in his last year of his contract...we are returning 2 senior QBs....Crowton is declining other job opportunities.

Put it all together bro.

8. Blue TurboDog

Les isn't going to throw his players under the bus, esp with a bowl game to go.

But Crowton is claiming Miles wants him, yet Miles basically says no comment rather than validating Crowton. Seems strange to me. Don't think Miles and Crowton are on the same page...there have always been subtle clues to tension.

9. lsudolemite

Again, if Les is so happy with Crowton, he could've removed all doubt about his future with the team by now and end all the rampant speculation, but chose not to. It ain't as cut and dried as you make it sound.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

The thing is Miles doesn't specifically state that he is happy with the direction of the offense or Crowton.

None of that says that he is happy. You really need to remember to read between the lines with Miles, in this case it is what he is not saying that is the answer.

1 person likes this.