about the "other board"...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NutsForLSU, Oct 2, 2001.

1. NutsForLSU

NutsForLSU Freshman

Any of you who have read my other posts on the board today will realize that I am not the rah-rah type. I think there's no sense talking about something if you aren't going to look at it realistically. If you're going to discuss LSU's defense, but ignore the obvious problems and simply say what you WISH were true, then you're accomplishing nothing. Ditto for every other aspect of LSU football.

As I said in my prediction post, if you are an LSU fan, it's ASSUMED that you WANT us to win and do well. The purpose of these discussions, in my opinion, is to figure out what we THINK will happen.

I have always employed that strategy in posting about LSU on various boards, and I consider it the only useful way to post, though I do not begrudge anyone their desire to cheerlead whenever they want.

This concept is apparently not understood, or at least it is not tolerated, on the "other board" for LSU sports that I have seen mentioned on this board lately. Without naming the LAIR in which these rah-rah nazis reside, I'll just say that their board, which shall remain nameless, is no longer available to me. My posts have been removed, although they contained no profanity or personal attacks on anyone and were all on-topic. My posting privileges have been revoked solely because I made negative comments about the performance on Saturday and our prospects for this week and the rest of the season. I was even accused of being an Alabama fan because of a prediction that I made that they would win out and win the west, unless probation prevented them from being eligible.

In order to avoid any possible misunderstandings on this board, let me state for the record right now the following:

1) I AM an LSU fan.

2) I WANT LSU to win EVERY game.

3) I HOPE we will win the SEC and national championships this year and every year from now on.

4) I WISH our defense would shut out Florida this week and every other opponent from now on and that our offense would score every time we touch the ball.

With that being said, I must also say that I don't THINK all of my wants, hopes and wishes about LSU football will actually happen, and my posts on this board will deal virtually exclusively with what I THINK will happen.

So, for future reference, if you are only interested in what I WANT, HOPE or WISH about LSU, please refer to this post and ignore all others. If you care what I THINK will happen, then it will be explained in the rest of my posts.

If the terms of use on this board are like those of the "other board" I used to post on, and if this board is intended to serve only as a cheerleading stage for Tiger fans to say what we want, hope or wish will happen, then I have done that and have no further need to do so. My posts today should adequately test that hypothesis.

I hate to sound so confrontational, and I trust that honest and objective debate and discussion of LSU football is and will be permitted on this board, but I have only just had my experience on the "other board" this morning and am still in shock about it.

At any rate, Geaux Tigers, but please don't get caught sleeping in your LAIR when it's time to play (or post).

2. Uncle AlaGator

Uncle AlaGator Freshman

I think I fell asleep halfway through that mess. Reminded me of reading War and Peace in college.

Looking at your name, was that supposed to read "Looking for..."

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I hear ya Nuts,

They are quite defensive. I believe we should all take advantage of every outlet to discuss sports and LSU.

The thing I like about this board and ours ( http://www.bayoubengals.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi ) is the attitude of the posters and administration. Tigerfourums.com does not mind if I list Bayoubengals.com and Bayoubengals.com does not mind if I list Tigerfouroms.com
    . This is the way it should be. But mention either one on the Lair and you will be deleted so fast your head will spin. Why the animosity? Probably they are defensive because our format is far superior to theirs.

they are not alone. I posted an invitation to both of our boards on the Virtual Swamp http://mudlizard.com/swamp/ and it was deleted too.

Hey Uncle AlaGator - is there a better UF board? This Virtual Swamp is the only one I know about.

4. Uncle AlaGator

Uncle AlaGator Freshman

Gatorcountry.com then go under Swamp Gas. It has the most traffic of any sports board of any team I have ever been on. I think they have around 3000 members. Let me know if you have any trouble over there.

They do take a strict stance on anything anti-gator but the posters are sharp as a tack and provide a lot of analysis and discussion-

5. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I understand your frustration NutsForLSU.

It's the reason TigerForums.com was born. As a fan, I wanted a place where LSU fans could meet and voice their opinions, regardless of what those opinions were.

Obviously we have to have some rules. If the personal attacks or foul language get too out of hand they'll either be moved or deleted. The general rule of thumb though is to let posts stand on their own merit. People are smart enough to make their own decisions about the "worthiness" of a post.

The Tiger Forums are here to allow the free flow of ideas, opinions and discussions. If you find a message you don't agree with, either refute it with your own message and prove them wrong or ignore it. We don't delete messages that someone just "doesn't like". If you just can't stand to be exposed to ideas and opinions that you don't like or don't agree with, this probably isn't the place for you.

We have the "Right" to delete anything we want but we choose to allow people the freedom to say what they want because it is only through the free exchange of opinons and ideas that intellectual enlightenment can be reached.

So, with that in mind...feel free to cheer, jeer or simply post why the Tigers are going to win this week.:D :D :D

6. Sketch

Sketch Freshman

I'll second the recommendation of Gator Country/Swamp Gas as the best forum to discuss UF sports. There's tons of traffic, good sense of humor (mostly), and interesting topics. After hanging out there, I'm usually surprised upon visiting other folks' forums to see how slow the traffic is compared with that of GC. Anyhow, check it out!