about the Saban speech

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ih8au, Nov 11, 2002.

1. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

I have known Ih8au for quite a while on tidefans and he is no barner, look at his username. He is a good guy. ;)

2. CrimsonPirate

CrimsonPirate Founding Member

IH8AU has admitted nothing that hasn't been on every sports page in every newspaper in America and that every rival board on the internet hasn't demanded that we admit. That a coach was paid to steer an athlete (I use the term loosely) to Bama has been the crux of the NCAA investigation from the get-go. Nothing new in this.

3. dplsu

dplsu Founding Member

Tigerlifer3, I think it was a relief to hear a Bama fan talk honestly about their situation. I think you over-reacted here a bit. I've known Ih8au for a while and he's a good guy...and hates au almost as much as I do. Wasn't it annoying to you to see some LSU fans constantly deny the Lester Earl incident. It happened, and because of the criminal acts of some, we the fans have had to suffer the consequences...if you're guilty of something, be a man and admit it, take your lumps and move on. That's what Ih8au seems to be doing.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I like having rival fans on this board, it makes the conversation much more interesting. It would suck to have a board like some of the others where everyone pats each other on the back constantly and you're not allowed to talk about anything controversial or you're loyalty to the program is questioned, or rival fans are not allowed to post at all.

4. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Say dplsu, haven't seen you in a long while. How is everyting? Your name still comes up on tidefans where you are always welcome.

About the opening remarks to ih8au, we have some young new members on tidefans that seem a little over the top too which in my opinion has taken away from the forum. Not saying that is the case here, but I do like to talk football with friendly rivals. LSU is one place I have always felt welcome. We seldom get a warm greeting from Old Myth, Arkansauce, 10orC or Allbarn. The rest seem more laid back and willing to put up with us. This forum is about as good as it gets. You have a great bunch here and the moderators are doing a great job.

5. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

I have to agree with just about everything IH8AU and the other Bama fans here said. We all know we deserved punishment and that it really looks stupid to have paid an overweight, unproven kid big $ to play on the line. I think most Bama fans just want to get past all of the pain and enjoy some football. We love our program and will defend it, but most of us are gradually becoming more rational, logical and philisophical. ;) :D

As for the "I hate the Bama cheaters speech" that Saban never gave, while I hate much of what is said in it, I have to say that it would definitely be OK for a coach to motivate his kids with this type of speech. Releasing it to the public would not be fair to him, the team or the fans, and THAT I have a problem with. Since he never said it, is does not matter, but I do expect it will be good for the bulletin board in our lockerroom this week! :D ;)

6. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

never meant anything but oh well

I didn't mean anything by the post...to me it was stupid, granted I am new here, but I been lurking on this board for almost 8 months...Just like bama is tired of hearing about their investigation I am tired of hearing about all the fake coach saban rumors...and using that for motivation type of thing....but don't have to worry about it anymore....I won't post anything anymore...see ya at the game

7. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

IMHO

If either team needs bulletin board material this week, they are brain-dead!

8. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

Well said Burlesontiger!! I agree 100%.

9. ih8au

ih8au Freshman

Thanks for the kind words...

I've always liked LSU. Love the way you guys love your football. You're my 2nd favorite SEC school. Sorry if this topic rubbed some the wrong way, and I hope no one stays away from this forum because of it.

I'd like to say Bama will win... but I just don't know. Which LSU team will we face, the one that pounded Florida, or the one which didn't bother showing up against the barn? Tuberville is always good for one solid gameplan a year, and unfortunately, it was against LSU. Hated that. I have a feeling he will do it to UGA too, but I hope I'm wrong. Every now and then I am. :D

Good luck Saturday, and may the best team win!!!! I'll be back to congratulate you guys either way.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Way deep down...where no one else dares to tread...

Ih8au is really a UT fan. ;) LOL.