About this "best team not to go to "Atlanta"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Graytiger, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Graytiger

Graytiger Freshman

This is foolishness. Remember that the reason Alabama is on probation is for recruiting violations. That means that the Alabama Crimson Tide didn't play by the rules when getting its players. They are the best team that cheating could buy. Now I'll admit that whatever they paid for their players, they got their money's worth, because thay have some mighty good ones. But they still cheated. One has to wonder how good they would be if they had played by the rules. They got caught and are being punished. They are NOT the best team absent from Atlanta. They are the best team that got caught cheating and won't be in Atlanta.

2. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I could not agree more. Alabama is like running in Nascar with an illegal car. Now, the players at Alabama are good, but not 31-0 good. LSU's offense (plan, team, QB, coach, whatever) did not show up. Our defense got tired. The team made mistakes, etc. So, against an illegal engine like the Tide has, we got beat.
    Now, Ole Miss is not as good as Alabama. We SHOULD beat them. No mistakes, better QB execution is needed. Give the Defense a rest.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well, they are the best team. They are the best team in the SEC..

However they are playing for nothing. Now, some will say Arkansas or LSU will "represent" alabama. If ANY Bama fan says that, then they were representing Auburn in 93, when they lost the SECCG. Tell a Bama fan they were representing Auburn and it like telling a southener he represents Hillary Clinton.

Bama is a great team, you cannot take them from that. Sure had we had even remotely a QB, we might have been able to get a first down without watching footballs hit the dirt 10 yards behind their reciever, or balls landing 20 yards from their target, Even Bama could not catch them.

Anyway, if we win out, WE are the SEC west Champions. But we lost to Bama, you cannot deny that, Auburn went 11-0, and got nothing. Bama can celebrate but the fact remains, LSU or Arkansas will be the west champions.

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

We have a good chance of being champions of the west. I love LSU. I hope we can win out and beat Georgia, but things will have to improve. I still cann't help but think bama got off the hook with this cheating thing. Until the NCAA sticks it to em hard. This cheating crap will continue.

5. chuck

chuck Founding Member

well the chances are SLIM

but IF (huge if) Auburn beats Alabama this weekend . .Arky and LSU just need to lose once for us to go . .so while Arky and LSU have much better chances . .we aren't out yet.

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Chuck, you missed the big picture again. Who gives a Sh-t who goes the Champion ship game. It is a joke. Just like '93. And just like most bama fans your too narcissitic to see how all this cheating screws the whole conference and not just one team. The SEC as a whole is lossing respect and a lot of it. If it takes the death penalty to stop the crap so be it. Hell now Ark. looks like it is about to bite the dust.

7. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

How did he miss the big picture? He didn't say anything about Auburn's chances that you didn't about LSU just one post earlier when you said:

8. Skrayper

Skrayper Founding Member

Can you name at least one player on the roster that we 'cheated' to get?
    Just wondering.
    Or, did I miss something, and LSU's never been on probation?

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

After 31-0, Bama can call themselves anything they want.

I'm no big Bama fan but the truth is there are no players on this team that were guilty of anything. That we know of, at least. We suffered the same fate in BB. Lester Earl was gleefully cavorting at Kansas and we were one step from a lethal injection. Make no mistake. Bama fans are being punished. Despite all the rhetoric, they know this year could have had a special ending but they'll never know. Hawaii is nice but how many will actually be there. Trust me. They're hurting. Let them enjoy their short season. If Nick and Jimbo can solve our offensive woes we'll send them a postcard from Atlanta.

10. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

YAWN, BORING, get a clue. You lost on the field, get over it and beat the Rebs and the Hawgs. Then get help.