About tonight's basketball (UMiss) game...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeT, Mar 4, 2004.

1. MikeT

MikeT Freshman

I am not going to get into the BradyBash vs. BradyWorshipping around here, because it is ridicolous. But I just stayed up and watched the tape delay of the game, and I wanted to throw out a few observations and get y'alls thoughts.

1. Tonight, especially in the second half, this looked like it was MINOR's team. He was the enthusiastic one, encouraging every player on the floor, hugging Charlie, picking up Neltner, jumping on the floor on top of Kounja on the old fashoined three point play. He deserves to start the rest of the season - not because of his play as much as he is our leader now and it was obvious.

2. We scored 48 points in a half without Jaime and with our best scorer (in my opinion) Mitchell relatively quiet. That bodes well for this team.

3. The whole team (partially because of Minor - see #! above) seemed to be having FUN out there today. I think they are very relieved the Jaime situation is over.

4. Brandon Bass gained a ton of confidence tonight. He, for the first time, didn't look like a freshman.

I honestly believe Brady is not the coach to get up to the levels of football and baseball, but whatever he did to rally the gang - and whatever he said to Minor - it worked. Props to Brady and the guys for tonight. It's one game, but was very nice to see...

...and for all you arguing about Brady, you do realize that everyone here wants to see us win, we just disagree about how that is most possible, so chill.
    :lsug:
    :geaux:
    :lsup:

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I would've hated to have been a player in that locker room at the
    half.

I think you are totally right about Tack starting the rest of the year.

3. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Great post MikeT:D

4. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

DITTO!

5. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Great post man. I think Whipple should be benched, cause he is terrible. I was also impressed with Ross Neltner. Even though he didn't score many points, he did nail a crucial three, and showed good strength. Maybe Tack got some PG lessons from Temeka Johnson after all. Glad to see he is coming around.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It was a class act for Tack to deliberately commit a foul with the game clinched to stop the clock so that Charlie Thompson could enter the game for one last shot on the home court.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

How entertaining would this forum be if every thread looked like this:

See my point?

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Hudson was pretty quiet too. Minor, Koundjia, & Neltner are much better than they've played this year. These guys are all basically sophs now so I expect more from them. We'll definitely need them, along with Bass & Lazarre down low if we're going to win a game in the dance. Sometimes you play your best basketball when there's nothing to lose.

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Nice name dude!

We saw flashes last night of what Tack can be... he was in control and wasn't throwing up any wild shots. He is finally getting what it is like to be a college basketball player. In the UK game he threw up 2 ill-advised 3's and was immediately benched. I was watching him on the bench and he was looking at the ceiling with his hands on his head.

He was exasperated... at himself. He's getting it.

Also, I think to say that Brandon Bass finally played not like a freshman is a backhanded comliment. He has been very good most of the season minus a few poor games. He also has been logging heavy minutes throughout the season... not one game with under 30 mintues played.

December averages: 14.6 pts 8.2 rebs
    January averages: 12.7 pts 6.7 rebs
    February averages: 11 pts 5.7 rebs
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/men/players/14597/

These stats are very interesting. It appears that as Brandon goes, so go the Tigers... In 5 of the 7 SEC losses, he has scored in single digits.