About what I expected- better hope Saban goes to Texas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Nov 9, 2013.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

It's increasingly hard to shake the feeling that Les has hit some kind of wall as a HC since the NC game. We need a big win over a team that nobody picks us to beat, where we have to out-coach and out-execute for 60 minutes, and that has been lacking for quite some time. The post-season slump also needs to end, now.

stevescookin and Winston1 like this.
  2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Wtf, dude? "Internet only" fans? What, if we live out of state, we aren't LSU fans?

Perhaps I should send back my degree. I don't give a rat's ass if you fund the whole freakin' TAF. Money also doesn't make you a fan.

$TigerFan$ and ThePhenom74 like this.
  3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Im by no means a fan of Miles. In fact Im honestly done with him. I dont have faith in him at all. I dont at all like what Ive seen since the abomination that was the BCSCG. I think Miles has lost whatever it is he had and I think he has lost the team. I dont see LSU ever being a serious contender with him as coach. Especially as long as Saban is at Bama. Which I dont see him leaving until its retirement time. Bama can match Texas money wise. Not to mention he is established a dynasty there. He has by far the top program in the nation. He would have to start over at Texas.

All that said, as much as I dont like Miles, he WON that title. Not Saban. Sure a lot of those players came from the Saban years but still. Miles was at his best. Coaching with supreme confidence. Coaching balls out and coaching to win. He was overly predictable and conservative like he is now. We seen progression from players. We seen improvements during the season and year to year. Since '07 Miles has changed a lot. Sure we were exceptional in '11, but that was just a magical season outside of the BCSCG. EVeryone knew what was coming but the OL was so good they would just wear you out, imposing their will. The last two years have been horrible coaching. He has really dropped off since the loss to Bama. In nearly every game this year he has been throughly outcoached. Even in '07 he wasnt the best coach, but his confidence in his players. His balls out coaching was special. He has lost that. He has lost his team.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

This is a criticism I can accept. It is to the point and not emotional. Whether he has lost it or not is too hard to tell right now. I don't think he has lost the team and think he can rebound. However he and Chavis need to recognize that you can't win by playing it safe. That was something I understood in 2010 & 2011 as we had no QB worth taking a risk with. Now he needs to realize the equation is different and reinvigorate the Lesticles personna.
    What happens in the next year or so will be telling. However he has more than earned the right to show he still has it.

lsudolemite, StaceyO and Robidoux87 like this.
  5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

His was one of the most idiotic comments I've ever read on this board; I sorta wish that you hadn't dignified it with a response. There's no reasoning with that level of willful stupidity.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I like Miles the man. Id love to see him find those Lesticles and make this work. I think he has a genuine love for LSU and the players. I just feel things have passed him by. Ive said many times and strongly feel that Miles got tired of being called, "The Hat" and "the Mad Hatter." Since then he has gone conservative. Trying to win by outcoaching, which isnt his strong suit. I agree, that he and Chavis both need to realize conservative play dont cut it these days. Its lost us 4 of our last 5 losses. Games LSU should or could have won.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

True, and I considered that, but what a load of crap, right?

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I'll take the high road here Brett, even if it did come from one of the biggest Dbags on the board.

9. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

It really shouldn't have. You know Miles can't make halftime adjustments like Saban does. The Ole Miss game just about took all the excitement out of this college football season for me. The bama game was just confirmation.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Perhaps you should. I've got my degree in hand but don't blindly support a coach that certainly seems to be on the wrong side of the hill. Your tough talking, foul mouth stuff doesn't impress but I guess it makes you feel good.

To the facts. We started down a bad path when our Mr. Football in LA for the 2011 season committed to Bama a few days before the NCG. We know what happened in Jan 2012 in the dome. Sadly, I was sick being in that place.

Look at recruiting the last 4-5 years and it should have been easy to see that we would play second fiddle to Bama now and for the immediate future. Our recruiting classes have been good but not good enough. We get rocked by losing 8 defensive players to the NFL last year. Add to it we have not done a very good job coaching them up, like the guy over in Tuscaloosa. The sad, sorry truth is Miles is a good coach (not great), he is a great recruiter but does not coach up the talent he does acquire.

Next year is important. The February signing period will be Miles most important one in his tenure. We probably finish this year at 8-5 or 9-4. By most programs those are good numbers or even great numbers. Not here. Not now. Should we land Fournette, Noils and others we can probably have a decent 2014 even though we lose our QB and the best set of receivers possibly to even where the purple and gold. February is key. Let's see what Miles can do with the best talent to come out of LA in many years. We have already lost the top 1 or 2 recruit in the country from our home state to none other than Bama. Let's see what happens.

tirk, shane0911 and ThePhenom74 like this.