Abuse of Power

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 24, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Mark Ciavarella, Former Pa. Juvenile Court Judge, Convicted in Alleged 'Kids for Cash' Case - ABC News

sorry board, not about Obama and the DOMA.

So this judge in PA, is in cahoots with this private company who runs a juvenile detention center, decides he is going to send kid after kid after kid to this for profit place. The more kids get sent in, the more money the place gets, and this guy was getting kickbacks.

What's sad about this, apart from the kid who committed suicide for being sentenced to 6 months for being at an underage drinking party, is that this is happening everywhere. All over America there are penitentiaries who are run by for profit companies, who's only interest is keeping the population at those prisons as high as they can.

This judge sentenced over 6000 kids during his reign of terror in Pennsylvania. Here is what the mother of the kid who committed suicide had to say....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugCrczkMo8c]YouTube - Mom Confronts Judge Who Sent Son To Jail For Cash - Interview w/ Cenk on MSNBC[/ame]

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Get a rope

3. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

A corrupt judge abusing his position for financial gain? Eghad! What's next....a group of scientist coming up with some phony crisis so they can bury their snout in the gravy train of research funding?

"I'm shocked, shocked I tell you to find that there is gambling going on here!"

That was for you Red55!:wink:

Seriously, that's terrible. Corruption is so rampant in the world I don't know what to think.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Privatly owned for profit jails are bad. Too much room for corruption.

5. LaSalleAve

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

7. LaSalleAve

how so. Obviously you think privatizing correctional facilities is a good thing. Just let corporations and business run unchecked, it did wonders for us the past decade didn't it.

8. SabanFan

I forget you're a liberal. That's what public money is for, right?

9. LaSalleAve

I forgot, you are conservative, you enjoy profiting through the misery of others.

Get back to me in 5 years after this has had time to completely fail the people.

http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/bja/181249.pdf

If you read further, the percentage saved is really around 1%. It's not about saving money, it's about making money for corporations who back campaigns. plain and simple. innocent people will be put in jail because that's how they profit. Headcount.

10. SabanFan

Tell it to flabengal. I'm fresh out of sympathy.