ACA effects becoming reality

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mobius481, Oct 21, 2015.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hey i give you credit as you take a lot of shit and never flinch. bully on you.

red plays the debate game. Its not necessarily personal. He thinks winning debates is point or counterpoint. Not who is being intellectually honest or dishonest.

I usually could not finish his responses because they are rarely ever intellectually honest which kills it for me. But i think he keeps score a different way. I like to learn from discussion and debate; not trying to prove i am right. Thats why I would rarely participate. He will take you deep in the weeds and make you forget what youre actually arguing. But hes always done this. And its effective if thats your goal.

Plus the last time I did, Martin converted me to atheism.

either way, red brought a heavily needed other side to the discussions which definitely make threads and this joint much more interesting to read. he'll be back. i like his war/history knowledge best.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

About the only posters who played by his rules were winston1 and vball. martin plays by his own rules. I just like sticking the needle in a bag of hot air. So do you. If I wanted to win debates I would have gone to law school so I could get paid for it.

The thing is, red quit because of something in the Tiger's Den, not FSA. I don't know what the post was that pissed him off so much.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Not really the definition of insanity. And not said by Einstein, probably.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I must have missed that part. The only thing that annoyed me about red was sometimes it seemed like he was just quoting Wikipedia or had googled the opposing points to yours.

I really enjoyed the years-long discussion we had about intellectual property, that was fascinating stuff. The world has really changed since we first started that. Now basically every piece of music is available for free or almost free streaming.

I converted Tirk to atheism? Sweet.

Red is really an awesome authority on the very important topic of wetland loss, which is pretty interesting, and I really respect his input on that one.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The dicussion on intellectual property needs updating. I used to download lots of free music but now I don't even bother. Almost every song I would want to hear is on Soundcloud and YouTube.

You wouldn't happen to know of any file sharing site for Kindle books would you.

Just imagine. You and tirk hanging by your heels together with your heads in buckets of boiling shit for all eternity while demons with white hot pitchforks poke ya'll in the ass.:)

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Physical media is definitely dead. I doubt I ever touch another media disc ever again except a vinyl record. I think the future is the Spotify model, free music with ads, just like the free television model has always been. I am glad I quit buying CDs 15 years ago so I don't have to bother throwing them in the garbage. All my thievery has saved the environment.

The same model is coming to all media, including cable networks. For example I don't have cable but when a news event happens I watch the sky news (British) live news YouTube channel, which is better than CNN anyways.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have hundreds of cassette tapes and CDs that I haven't listened to in years. Maybe some people still do. Was thinking putting them on Amazon to see if they would sell.

YouTube is starting to show more and longer ads. In a music video only before it starts but sometimes I watch TV shows I've missed and there are commercials every few minutes just like on TV.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

For Martin, eternal damnation will mean Jesus standing over him and endlessly charging music to his credit card.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

FIFY

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Damn, dude, even eternal damnation has limits.

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.