Academic facilities at LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Apr 1, 2008.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The Academic facility is a representation of our dedication to helping student athletes graduate, which many of them are perhaps putting a higher priority on now than in the past.

I am not sure if ours is currently the best in the country, but it is certainly up there.

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

It's gotta play HUGE with most of the parents.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

At one time it was and may still be. I rememeber reading articles when it was new and LSU officials were bringing other school officials on tours of the academic center who were interested in doing something similar. So at one time it was a benchmark and still could be now.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

What are you basing that one? Sq footage? The size of the auditorium?

5. Abuapu

Abuapu Founding Member

it can fit over a thousand people. the classroom at least. i think that's what he is referring to.

1 person likes this.
  6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Yep. There was a pdf from a South Carolina newspaper's website that I read not too long ago. It discussed the academic centers on the SEC Schools and what they offered. It spoke highest of LSU's and Alabama's and mentioned details such as classroom and conference room sizes, square footage, etc. LSU's was the largest IIRC.

I think 'Bama's is the newest or at least the most newly remodeled?

Auburn's if I am not mistaken was praised for it's extensive collection of coloring and paint-by-number books...

/stevespurrier

7. MLUTiger

I found the pdf. It's a good read actually that talks about the academic centers and athletic facilities of all the SEC Schools. It lists the Cox Academic Center as being 54,000 sq ft with an auditorium that seats 1,000 people as well as having 75 computer workstations. It does not rank the academic centers, but they do rank each universities facilities according to their own standards, opinion, etc.

I was incorrect in saying that it spoke the highest of LSU's and 'Bama's academic centers. It just seems that way after reading them because they're impressive.

I can't upload it here since I do not pay for the privilege of uploading files...

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The academic center was recently remodeled. It's the old Bryant Hall which used to house the players before the NCAA came in and said the teams couldn't live in the same dorms. It's a nice facility. A student-athlete couldn't ask for more.

Speaking of USCe, that was one of the first projects Spurrier mentioned when he was hired a few years ago. They were far behind the times when it came to what they offered for academic support.

Copy and paste the link, I would like to read it.

9. MLUTiger

It's on my hard drive. PM me your email address...