Academic status of 2010 Class

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Mike in Memphis, Feb 6, 2010.

1. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

Re: Academic status of 2010 Class –

Jones has moved up to the number 3 safety, jumping taylor mays who had a horrendus year. Teams aren't sure where Mays should be put Jones will be targeted by teams like the Giants in the second round.

1 person likes this.
  2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Re: Academic status of 2010 Class –

mine too. i probably would have been grounded just on the presumption that no way in hell could that happen without shenanigans!

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Worle has the grades and waiting on his ACT score. He was one point short last time around but his GPA increased since then.

Was some buzz that he has the grades and should be cleared.

Gore and Blue are probably very close like Worle

Simon is the one I haven't heard anything about and is likely the main one we have to worry about.

4. bhelmLSU

Word coming from another board that Simon got a qualifying ACT score. I assume that means he got what he needed given his current GPA since it is a sliding scale. We will see...

5. bhelmLSU

19 ACT and 2.5 GPA as of now. As long as he keeps his grades steady during his finals next week he will have the grades to make it on campus. However, with a 5 point or more increase in his ACT score and if this increase happened over one test he will get flagged by the Clearinghouse. This will likely cause delays in getting fully qualified. There seems to be one case like this each year like Loston last year.

6. bhelmLSU

DandyD is also reporting that Blue got back the score he needed on the ACT.

7. bhelmLSU

Confirmed that Mathieu has the grades needed to qualify and Gore and Worle should be ready to go as well.

We could go 2 straight years with 100% of our recruits qualified. I doubt that has ever happened at LSU and at most programs around the country minus the Ivy League.

8. 07Tiger

07Tiger Founding Member

It's been almost a month since our last update. What's the latest? Anybody still having problems?

9. bhelmLSU

Waiting on Gore and Ego but both are expected to be eligible especially Ego. News on Gore has been scattered.

We will likely have some Clearinghouse waiting time with Simon since he increased his last score by more than 6 points. However, I am not sure if he increased that much over one test and if it was increased over multiple tries it wouldn't be flagged.

10. bhelmLSU

Simon was flagged on his last ACT score and scored the same again and is on his way to report.

Still waiting on Ego and Gore who are not far off (A point or so on either ACT or GPA) and should report soon if everything goes well. Not sure if correspondence classes will be taken or not yet.

Wing is also having some issues with transferring some grades from Australia.