ACC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallastigers, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Pittsburgh could be in there but they would be the only team from outside of the south and Pittsburgh would have more travel expensive for all of their road games than anybody else

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Personally, I am hoping the Big 10 makes Pitt their 12th team. I would love to see them break up so another OSU/Iowa thing doesnt happen

3. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

I agree--plus Pitt could go into the Big 10 East and bring back the Penn State rivalry. It's a shame that rivalry went away.

4. SouthLink02

Yes it is. I would like to see that re-newed

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I believe, that the ACC will try to make a run at Florida. I don't think FLA would leave, but wouldn't be surprised to see the ACC at least tried to go after them.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't think Florida would leave either. They are already making a ton of money from being in the SEC. They already play Florida State and Miami every year. I think the ACC will put Florida State and Miami into separate divisions. Even if the money was equal Florida wouldn't want to be in the same division with either one of them and leave one of the teams to dominate their division and I don't think the ACC would put Miami and Florida State into the same division and leave Florida in a separate division, As it is the 2 Florida teams will dominate the ACC most years and end up playing each other in the ACC title game once a 12th team is added. The ACC and Big East were able to attract those teams because they were both long time independents until recent years and wanted no part of the SEC when they had a chance to join. Neither team had any long time rivalries except against each other and against Florida. The Gators have a number of long time rivals within the conference, such as the annual game against Georgia in Jacksonville.

OF course I could be wrong. Just because I said all that Florida will probably announce they are joining the ACC tommorrow.

7. lsulj

lsulj Freshman

im stuck over here in acc country(clemson) and the radio talk all day has been that the acc will make a run at notre dame. sounds kinda crazy, i think. they also threw out louisville, but said that the acc would not be too high on ecu or ucf. they also talked about pitt being left out and that they are an attractive team cuz of the pennsylvania tv market. unc, duke, and the gov of virginia really botched this whole thing up for the acc.

8. lsulj

lsulj Freshman

also a lot of talk at the acc making a push at south carolina, although it probably won't happen.

9. SouthLink02

I don't think there is a chance in hell of UF leaving but say they do. UGA has an agreement with UF on playing in Jacksonville for the next couple of years. I wonder if that would become void or not if they did leave....

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In the unlikely event that Florida did leave the SEC the agreement with UGA wouldn't be voided. In fact it would probably be renewed. By playing Florida State and Miami every year Florida has two very strong out of conference opponents and it limits their ability to schedule other attactive OOC games due to the need to include a creampuff or two. If they were in the ACC they could keep the rivalry with UGA and still schedule home and home series with some big time powers as well as having the creampuffs on the schedule.