Accessible "Accomdations"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Sooner Fan, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Sooner Fan

Sooner Fan Freshman

USC SUX! Go Michigan! I think we can all agree on these!

Now, since there are a bunch of us old folks driving down from Okie Land to visit the great state of Louisiana and bring our old ladies and some wheelchairs with us, just what are the "accomodations" like in the French Quarter and outside the Superdome on game day? I sure wouldn't want Momma to get stuck in a Port-a-Potty and miss the game. Oh yes, I'd still make the game. A man has to know where his priorities are. Seriously, are there plenty available for the disabled or should we rely on motels along the path?

Thanks for your help in this "critical" matter.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

If you plan on using the john in any of the establishments in
    the Quarter, be prepared to buy a drink. During big events like
    this, they make it quite clear that the restrooms are for customers only.

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

You might have a problem in the French Quarter on New Years Eve or gameday. It will be so crowded that you might have trouble just getting a chair down the street, much less getting a bathroom. The rest of the time you might be OK. But the facilities in the quarter are not that great to begin with. Keep in mind that the bulidings are 200 - 300 years old, way older than the ADA, or modern plumbing.

On gameday you should have no trouble around the dome. The dome is connected to a shopping mall. There is a big party on the concourse between the dome and the mall. The mall has good, clean, large restrooms.

Don't forget that almost everyone will be drinking, and therefore going to be going to the bathroom too. There will be long lines, so plan ahead. If you wait until you REALLY have to go before you head toward the line, you may be too late!