Acid Bath dudes and Dudettes here?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 14, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I know there are a few on here. The only time I was lucky enough to see Acid Bath live was 94 at Papa Joes on Nicholson. They opened for an unheard of strange lanky circus psychedelic calamity known as Marilyn Manson. You guys may have heard of him. It was the Portrait of an American Family tour and AB opened the show. There was like 50 ppl there. Never saw AB again. So I'm cruising cruising eBay and I find an Acid Bath DVD filmed from 6 different shows. It's rad to say the least. 12 dollars.

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

My older sister (40) was big into Acid Bath... a few years before my time. She apparently knew some of the band members through my brother-in-law, who was a bouncer in different bars around LSU.

3. LaSalleAve

The DVD is awesome, I wish it had the show I was at, but it doesn't. Man BR used to be a hub for really excellent underground music. I saw Clutch in 95 at the Varsity and they were unheard of at the time.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I had never heard of Acid Bath but a couple of weeks ago I was driving past the Varsity on Highland Road and on the list of bands on the marquee to be playing there was what I think it said Acid Bath.

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Damn, I thought this was some sort of new age cleansing thread!

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yep, I was expecting to see a story about some drugged up kook eating someone's face off

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

lol, me too!

8. LaSalleAve

Come on man, acid bat was a metal band from Houma in the late 90's.They had a short run until a band member Audie died, they split after, a few went on to play for bands like Crowbar, and Dax Riggs the singer is very well known. Imarine if Jim Morrison had an Edgar Allen Poe influence in his poetry. That's Dax. He still plays all over and is usually at SXSW. You should check him out, he's more of an indie artist that sings of melancholy, but super fucking talented.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Man I had already vacated the area by that time. Last local guitar guy that I knew of played in a band called noisy toys but they speed it with "Z"s I think. Don't even remember his name but he could shred.

10. LaSalleAve

That would be amazing but they arent around anymore. One of them
    Is dead, Dax is in Austin, 2 are in crowbar and i don't know where the other is.

Now Dax Riggs formerly of Acid Bath could have been playing there.

Trust me, if you ever get to see Dax play don't miss it. It's like indie, folk, psychobilly, outlaw country. It's great stuff.