ACLU and gitmo .....again

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rwilliams, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

ACLU Calls for Independent Probe After Gitmo Prisoner Collapses, Dies - FoxNews.com

ACLU crying again about gitmo. These terrorist should have been shot in the head years ago. Atleast the ACLU lawyers are consistant. They take up for terrorist no matter which party the president is from. I would march each one of the gitmo detainees to the firing squad while the ACLU watched if I was president!
    Red in 3 2 1 .....

2. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

What? Gitmo is still holding terrorists. Wasn't that place shut down by the Obama administration? (Yes, this is sarcasm)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQXZoM__vU0&playnext=1&list=PLC6D93730ECE8298A"]YouTube - 60 Minutes: Obama Reiterates Promise To Close Guantanamo Bay, End Torture[/ame]

Another Obama FAILURE.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

4. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

Que the spin doctors in 3,2,1.....

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Pentagon: Gitmo detainees returning to fight [Archive] - Naruto Forums

At least 61 are believed to have signed up for terror missions upon release

WASHINGTON - Terrorism suspects who have been held but released from Guantanamo Bay are increasingly returning to the fight against the United States and its allies, the Pentagon said Tuesday.

Sixty-one detainees released from the U.S. Navy base prison in Cuba are believed to have rejoined the fight, said Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell, citing data from December. That's up from 37 as of March 2008, Morrell said.

If one American service member is killed by a gitmo detainee that was released then that is enough reason to keep the whole stinking lot of them in for life. I still think no prisoners should be taken. If an American is captured his head is cut off or his dead body is drug through the streets. Kill everyone of them and leave the body on the battlefield. Problem solved. No detainees - nothing for the ACLU to cry about. One American soilder is worth more than the whole lot of them.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ok, let me throw this one out at you, and I don't condone what anyone has done upon their release.

Imagine for a second if you will please.....

You are sitting at your house, teaching your son how use dry wall anchors, you have been outspoken in your town about how Islam preaches violence, you have never been violent, just spoke your opinion. All of the sudden a group of soldiers, from another country, kick your door in, put a black hood on your head, and drag you away from your family in front of your son and wife, taken to a facility outside of your country, tortured for a month or 2, then let go because they couldn't find any evidence of you being an "insurgent".

Now granted there were people there guilty of insurgency, but there were also people there that weren't, who were subjected to torture, and kidnapping basically, that did absolutely nothing wrong. I would be pissed to, and I would probably want revenge too.

now, all the ones found guilty, shoot em in the head and impale them for all i care.

8. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

That article was written in 2009. I'm sure all the innocent ones have been let go by now. Wasn't the one of Obama's campaign pledges?

Even if there are "innocent" prisoners still there they probably hate the US so much by now they have signed up with their Taliban cell mates anyway. Best to keep them under lock and key just to be safe.

Besides, with all the hippies pokin' around down there, I bet the conditions are close to Club Med compared to their old digs back in Afghanistan.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am white and atheist, it is hard for me to imagine this happening to me.

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I am under the impression that combatants caught fighting US forces are taken to questioning in afganastan. Taliban fighters with no connection to al quadea are not taken to gitmo. Only al quadea fighters are taken to gitmo and Taliban fighters remain in afganastan. This is how I remember it being reported. The Taliban fighters were given the chance to stop fighting and return to their homes as long as they pledged not to fight anymore and abide by the afganastan constitution. Foreign fighters in afganastan were taken to gitmo as al quadea fighters. I am probably wrong but this is how I understand the deal was made with karzi.