ACLU and gitmo .....again

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rwilliams, Mar 16, 2011.

1. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I'm with you bro. Civil liberty my ass. These people seem to be against everything that this country was meant to stand for, and when we get attacked they want to try and defend the enemy. Phuck that, mind your own damn business. Go teach your kids how to be responsible adults and not boycott returning soldiers or at soldiers' funerals. These people fought for your right to live the way you do, perhaps you would find life much better living in a mud hut in a rural Afghanistan village. Phucking people are disgraces and should be shot in the head. My dad was boycotted both times he came home from Vietnam, and anyone who says that **** didn't happen or that he wasn't called "babykiller" and all other kinds of foul **** need to stfu, because they're full of ****, plain and simple.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

seem

and dude, c'mon man. Quit bowing down to the moustached link master and fight him back. He won't bite you. He is sort of like a bear, if you roll over and play dead he will eventually leave you alone because you aren't fun anymore.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't defend the ACLU. They take up the defense of civil liberties in inconsistent fashion and are not pragmatic at all. They have done much good in defending the separation of church and state, equal protection, right to privacy, due process, religious liberty, and freedom of speech.

But they also take political positions that go beyond defense of civil liberties. They renounce the death penalty, they promote affirmative action, they promote the "rights" of illegal aliens, and they consider the 2nd amendment to be a collective right rather than an individual one.