ACTIVE SHOOTER: MARJORY STONEMAN DOUGLAS HIGH SCHOOL IN PARKLAND

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bayou Tiger, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

What we need is one to hack into tirk's phone pics.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

FBI has their own malware. I am being 100% serious.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yes but im just looking to cash in on fears. 27 known ARs in your parish. Even though there's a few thousand.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's my point...he had been identified as a wacko. I guess for me when a center mass target is referred to as group therapy, it's time to step in.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I read he had threatened teachers and wasn't allowed back on campus with a backpack before finally being expelled. Teachers were emailed. This looks like one instance where the killer was known to be a whack job.

Seems the real culprit here is complacency. But goddamn no matter how many times you see this you really don't think it will happen to you.

LSUpride123 and uscvball like this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Complacency and a law protecting minority student nutjobs in Broward county, which is where this HS is located.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's Boca Raton. No doubt a bunch of spoiled rich kids.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Sad indeed and possible preventable. BTW If it had been a Caucasian student the MSM would have emphasised that a former "white male student" shoots up school. Notice they are not saying a latino male. Kinda like the "white hispanic" label they attached to the Travon Martin incident a race designation never ever used before. The left will not let this "crisis go to waste" and will blame Trump for his heartless lack of gun control.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I’m watching the news this morning and everyone is running around with their hair on fire blaming the NRA and gun owners.
    So far NO ONE has explained how one of the proposed laws would have stopped this or ANY OTHER mass shooting.
    Frankly I’m ok with background checks that are deeper and more detailed. I’m ok with limits on magazine capacity, bump stocks etc. I would support a mandatory gun safety course with every gun purchase but those have limited efficacy in stopping these tragedies. That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be implemented, they should.
    For some reason our society has gone off the rails and personal satisfaction has trumped responsibility. So called hero’s are those who take matters into their own hands rather than encouraging and allowing authorities to handle problems. Some of that is because the very authorities we’re supposed to rely on are shown to be incapable or not interested in doing their job.
    The cure will NOT be in additional laws however needed but in long term work to rebuild the social contract.

Bayou Tiger and HalloweenRun like this.
  10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

The only real gun control that needs to be put in place is enforcement of laws. Hard enforcement. This kid deserves a speedy trial and even speedier execution. In fact, all live victims of mass shootings/murders should be swiftly dealt with. That’s what criminals understand. Real life enforcement. Gun crimes should come with an automatic 0 tolerance policy. Commit a gun crime, you’re done. You’ll never see the outside again. It will take something drastic like that to even slow down gun crimes. You can do all the testing and taking of classes you want, but as long as guns can be stolen from anywhere or bought and sold out of trunks of cars, all that extra gun control is just extra. I’m not saying it isn’t necessary, just that it isn’t the end all be all.