Adam Henry Leaving for San Francisco 49ers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by rachellsu01, Feb 8, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

A note on McCardell, he was with the Chargers from 2004-2006, his OC there, Cam Cameron. A little Bio, by Keenan...

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

[​IMG]

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Search for a WR's coach heats up
    LSU is in the midst of their third coaching search this offseason, having already replaced former defensive coordinato John Chavis with Kevin Steele and former defensive line coach Brick Haley with Ed Orgeron.

On Sunday, wide receivers coach Adam Henry accepted the same position with the San Francisco 49ers. The Geaux247 staff has confirmed with multiple sources on the LSU side that dozens of names have reached out to the Tigers expressing interest in the job.

The Geaux247 staff and multiple media outlets reported on Wednesday morning that Georgia wide receivers coach Tony Ball was a potential candidate and would land an official interview. The Geaux247 staff has also confirmed that the meeting took place in Baton Rouge on Wednesday, with Ball making the trip in from Athens to sit down with head coach Les Miles and the staff.

Ball, a Tennessee native, was hired by the Bulldogs to coach the running backs in 2006, then was named the team's wide receivers coach in 2009. His previous coaching stop came at Virginia Tech, where he was wide receivers coach for eight years.

Thursday morning, another new name surfaced as a serious candidate for the opening.

Former NFL standout Keenan McCardell will be in Baton Rouge on Thursday interviewing for the opening, NOLA.com's James Smith reported early Thursday morning.

McCardell is currently the wide receivers coach at Maryland. McCardell, who played 17 seasons in the NFL and later served as a wide receivers coach with the Washington Redskins, was born in Houston and played his college football at UNLV.

McCardell made $265,000 this past season with the Terrapins. Ball made $270,000 with the Bulldogs. Both fit into the likely pay range for what the Tigers are looking at after Henry left Baton Rouge after signing a new contract that would have paid him $375,000 for the upcoming season.

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Meye spel shek adicsion fales mee agin.

tirk likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What is the meaning of this?

6. shane0911

Bob isn't going anywhere, you are a spoiled sooner fan that isn't happy with success.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Keenan was a beast on the field in the NFL. Given his roots, NFL success, and promising talent as a recruiter he sounds like a significant hire in a need area. With the challenges we've had at QB, keeping a stud coach for the WRs we are amazingly able to lure in is crucial.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

on #24 I misspelled roster as Rooster
    Tirk caught me and On #32 cleverly replied with the Rooster pic
    On #34 I responded with 'My spell check addiction fails me again'. However, in an obviously to far attempt at self depreciation I misspelled the words as "Meye spel shek adicsion fales mee agin".

I was shooting for the phonetic representation of the phrase spoken by a person of mixed heritage. An Alabama father and a Arkansas mother resulting in the ultimate Yokel - a GumpHog.

9. shane0911

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

No. He doesn't hate misspelling. He do that all the time. He can't stand confrontation of opinion. It fries his brain.