Addai at outside linebacker

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by inNickwetrust, Mar 18, 2004.

1. philter

philter Founding Member

There is no point in us worrying about this, Saban and his staff have proven time and time again that they are entirely capable and adept at putting players at the right position. If he is assigned to defense, then we can be sure he'll excel...if he is stuck out at wr, then we can be sure it will be because he can excel there too.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He also appears to be a great blocker as well (remember back to the sugar bowl and the skyler TD run...one of the best blocks you will ever see).

WR is a great spot for him. I think you will see him line up at wideout a lot so we can get him the ball more. He will still see some time in the backfield but it will be limited, especially if Carey is gonna stay.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Well I would not say that he was medi"okra", but he did haved problems hanging on to the football. Devery's speed was always there.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I wouldn't move any of the running backs. We have to be DEEP at running back in this conference. LSu has lost running backs to injury in each of the last five seasons. Sometimes more than one. They also get banged up pretty good by mid-season, so it helps to rotate in a fresh back regularly.

LSU will start new quarterbacks and wide receivers this year. The quarterback/receiver chemistry that we have enjoyed last year will take some time to develop this season. Meanwhile the running game will have to carry the load. Fortunately we have depth at running back and a formidable offensive line.

I wouldn't move any of the running backs. All of them will play this season.