Addai impressing at combine

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Feb 25, 2006.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I can see him going to Indy in the 1st round. He fits what they do offensively, and with 4.37 speed, that's icing on the cake.

2. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

What in the $%&^ are you talking about? This has nothing to do with the thread topic.....Addai will not be affected by the fact that Saban is not LSU's coach. I guess you think Miles is incapable?

3. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

Hey Tfan23.....who's the Marine in the pic?

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

One bad ass MOFO.

Well, technically, Addai is a "Saban player".

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

No...I don't. Well--indirectly....But ONLY because Saban and Belichick RUN THE SAME DEFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY!!!! --Which Saban learned UNDER Belichick at Cleveland. The Patriots were looking for corner depth and it's New England's team philosophy to not over-spend on any one particular player--especially a backup. Randall Gay, with his experience in a VERY similar defense in college fit the bill perfectly. New England found a player who wasn't even a starter in college, yet knew the type of defensive scheme he would be asked to perform in the pros. In New England's defense, KNOWING where you're going is half the battle--you don't have to be a superstar player to succeed here (New England)--you just have to be selfless and know what you're doing. Randall Gay fit that.

And it doesn't matter if Saban is the coach at LSU, or Les Miles...or you for that matter because when an NFL coach calls to talk to you about a player on your team, you ARE going to give said player a ringing endorsement.

You don't think Miles won't talk favorably about ANY of our players in the draft when an NFL coach calls??? Whether it be New England, New York or New Orleans....EVERY head collegiate coach will try to get their players into the NFL whether they think that player will make it or not because for every player that even signs an undrafted FA deal--even for just a preseason tryout, the college gets to market that to other recruits.

Saban did nothing special over any other collegiate head coach with reguards to talking to NFL teams about his players.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I think you missed his point. IMO he was pointing out that Saban is an old friend of Bellichec and probably talks to him more often than Les Mile does.

7. BostonBengal

No, I understood that. I just don't see why some people just cling to Saban's ball sack for everything... and I mean EVERYTHING... Belichick won 2 Super Bowls WITHOUT much help from ANY of Saban's former LSU players (Randall Gay helped in the Pats Super Bowl win over Philly and in the first 2 Patriot Super Bowl victories, Rohan was holding a clipboard and Jarvis Green wasn't getting as much playing time as he has been recently)...So forgive me for believing that Bill Belichick is perfectly capable of judging talent on his own--and he's professional enough to NOT pick up a player if that player just isn't good enough just because his ole' chum is/was a collegiate head coach.

I mean, YES, I like the guy and I'm thankful for everything he's done for our program and for getting us to where we are today, but damn! Now we gonna start giving Saban credit for an NFL team's success OTHER than the current Miami Dolphins??? :shock:

Earth to people: Saban is NOT God of EVERYTHING football related.....outside of LSU that is. :hihi:

Now, don't get me wrong...I'm a DIEHARD LSU fan above all and will defend them (violently if need be)... But I'm also a pretty loyal Patriots fan as well and defend them as well. I just think the "Saban-helped-Belichick-draft" scenerio is a little far fetched.... Other teams CAN have success without Saban's hand guiding them in everything

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think you're going a little overboard with this. It is reasonable to assume that Saban and Bellichick have a much closer relationship than your average college coach, and that Bellichick probably put more stock into Saban's praise of a player than other random college coaches. It didn't hurt that Saban was so business oriented, that he conducted himself and his program in a very NFL-ish style. Add to that, as mentioned before, that both programs run similar defensive schemes. It's not us being on Saban's walnuts; it makes common sense to me.

Hopefully Miles will be able to get players into the NFL as well as Saban did, but you have to admit that Saban was really good at getting his players NFL looks; I can't think of any other college coach better at it. I don't think that's a biased viewpoint, I think it's just the truth.

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

“As far as playing for the Patriots, I would be honored to play for them. I have a lot of LSU teammates already there so I would feel right at home in New England.”

http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComunicados.asp?nid=149556&src=0

10. BostonBengal