"Affluenza" Case

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Sorry to hear that LaSalle hope the ass who hit her roasts in hell.

uscvball and gyver like this.
  2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Naturally, this is all over the news up here in North Texas. It happened last summer when we were at Disney World, so I didn't even hear about the accident until it went to trial.

The kid looks like a total jerk, and those in court seem to think he isn't feeling much remorse. But I guess, why would he? He's suffering from "affluenza."

There are a LOT of kids like that who go to school with my kids. Do 2nd graders really need iPhones? I hope my kids aren't horribly spoiled, either. But I do try to build a conscience in them, too.

islstl, uscvball and gyver like this.
  3. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.

To earn respect you must show respect.

The ones you make fun of today will be the ones that you may have to rely on tomorrow.

That's what I tell my kids

4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

One question to ask is; does this form of punishment work? Well apparently is does not:

http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dalla...t-should-have-studied-chris-clarys-case.html/

If it is the parent's fault that they raised the kid this way then they should do the time. If his dad is rich enough to afford a $400K / year treatment facility then after all of the civil suits he should be penniless with a spoiled brat kid.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Once a child learns to drive or leaves your home with another young person at the wheel, is a parent EVER the same? Can you ever breathe until they come home safely?

My aunt was killed in a car wreck when she was 17. The driver was newly licensed and was speeding on a soft shoulder. She was my only chance at having an aunt or even cousins.

This case makes me sick. This affluent remorseless scum should do time.

6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

disgusted when I read this story.....i hope there is enough public outcry to bring weight on the local authorities to revisit the case. not familiar enough with the law regarding double jeopardy laws, etc. but this seems like the farthest thing from justice.

I can't imagine how the families of the four victims must feel.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Thanks, I do too. What's disgusting in my opinion is the fact that his defense lawyer and the prosecutors went behind closed doors for hours and worked out some sweetheart deal. There are good lawyers out there, but the majority I have ever dealt with are just fucking scumbags who jerk each others dicks, and are part of the gang.

gyver likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It feels like in America, we are "so free" in certain areas that common sense has left us.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

This case is beyond reprehensible. I'm not normally one for seeing these things end up being settled with money, but since the defense introduced it as a mitigating factor, then I'd like to see a lawsuit from the family of every victim. Take every bit of "affluence" they've got.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member