Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 21, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So another 10 years there is what is being reported. Something like 8000 troops stationed there. And this bastard Karzai says that the United States and President Obama should apologize to Afghanistan in writing for the many atrocities by American troops, and that American troops should apologize because it's an honor for them to be in Afghanistan.

Hey Karzai and Afghanistan.

BLOW ME. I wouldn't take a dump in your shitty country. I'd smoke your hash but that's about it.

gyver and Winston1 like this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

If we leave today Afghanistan will revert to the Taliban in no time....if we stay 10 more years the result will be the same, right after we leave the country will revert to the Taliban.

In WWI the daily loss of troops to artillery and random was called wastage. That term signified how little the British officers corps thought of the common soldier. Extending our stay in Afghanistan shows me President Obama, Sec State Kerry and the administration have a similar opinion of our soldiers. There will be a continuous loss of life and when we leave the country will go back to the Taliban and 9th century. They are sacrificing our finest for their false pride.

gyver likes this.
  3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Wasn't Afghan a dirty war that Obama was destined to relieve us from, yet here we are almost 6 years later...

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

that was Iraq, and we are no longer in Iraq. Our beef, from the outset (9/11) was the Taliban and Al Queda in Afghanistan, not Iraq. We have our former President and VP to thank for that. Obama promised to get out of Iraq and double our efforts in Afghanistan and he has.

that said, this perpetual war that we've come to accept as the norm is ridiculous and I also deplore the idea of keeping troops there for another decade, even though the political optics of it make it necessary. but don't think, for one little second, that this wouldn't be the policy regardless of whether there were an R or a D in the WH.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

#1 its bullshit

#2 you damn obama supporters hypocrisy knows no bounds

gyver likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I am a recovering obamaist. He is way too moderate for me. I was thinking Blackie Chan would have weed being sold in Wal Mart by now. Asshole.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Be careful NC...Obama is having talks with Iraq to send "advisors" in to help suppress the violence. That will likely bring troops back into that morass. BTW we left Iraq using W's schedule Obama merely let it happen as he does everything.

8. Tiger in NC

#1 Okay then let's see your proof that I am wrong. Did Obama get us into either of these wars? No. Did Obama end the Iraq War just as he said he would? Yes. Did Bush and Cheney start an ill-advised war (and that ill-advisor, Colin Powell, had already been there and done that) in Iraq that has costs us trillions of dollars and untold treasure in human life? Yes.

#2 Prove I am hypocritical. Show us your evidence that I am wrong. I feel certain you will revert to some conservative blogger as empirical evidence that your line of bull shit bears resemblance to the truth.

9. Tiger in NC

Your reaching here, Winston. Obama having talks about aiding the Iraqi government is a far cry from sending 100,000 troops and committing them for a decade because.....uh.....oh, yes, Iraq had those chemical weapons.

I don't care whose schedule it was, it happened under Obama's watch. Are you saying that Bush should be given credit for that? Should we also give him credit for rebuilding the levy in NO after Katrina?

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well they did have them at one point and much like how Obama's advisers told him Obamacare would work, the entire international community signed off on Iraq. The horse is dead. Stop beating it.

GregLSU likes this.