Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I didn't bring this subject up, Pride. But if you are going to try and pin things on Obama that are not the truth then you are going to subject yourself to some uncomforatable truth. The entire international community signed off on Iraq based upon the faulty information that we gave them. Don't you recall Colin Powell at the UN making the case for war? I do. I don't like talking about that chapter in our history any more than the next guy, but don't ask me to stop beating a dead horse if these guys are going to try and revise history to fit their narrative. It is what it is.

I don't think Obama has done everything perfectly, nor everything right. But he hasn't done everything wrong either and to listen to some of you guys you would think he is responsible for Hell itself.

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Both wars were a farce from the beginning.

No exit strategy.

War should end up, as a net result, taking the land. Ost front and all that!

If Iraq was the 51st and Afghan the 52, then FINE. Otherwise BS. When we go home, it will revert. Period. If we put the money into tech that have gone into both of those wars, in all likelihood we would not need mideast oil, and nobody would care what those muslim savages do to each other. No one. Too many good men have died for profit, and little else.

Oh I saw a really hot woman at the grocery store just a while ago. That makes going to the store, so much better.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

"We have our former President and VP to thank for that. "

Yea, ya did.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Lasalle isn't an R lol and further, no one said Obama has done everything wrong.....

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

He was doomed to fail the minute he found the exit in the birth canal.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

NC you are inventing history. Much of the information we used was from the French & Brits. BTW even Putin and Saddam's generals thought he had chem weapons. His generals begged him to use them as the US troops rolled into Iraq.

Any reluctance by our allies was not due to the believed fact that Iraq had WMDs but to whether Saddam was a threat to use them.

The farce that Bush and Cheney crafted a set of lies to start a war is myth that those Ds who voted for it tell themselves to make them feel better.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Let me get this straight NC... you don't care whose schedule it was so it happened under Obama's watch so he gets credit...but don't dun him for the highest unemployment in 70 years because it was Bush's fault? Can't have it both ways sport.

8. Tiger in NC

my reply was very clearly meant for TigersTailgaiting's statement about Obama promising to get us out of Afghanistan, which wasn't true, and I pointed that out. this also isn't the first time on this board that Obama has received unmerited blame. if you don't like the guys politics, I get it, but don't be uninformed enough to make inaccurate statements and then expect that no one will correct you.

I have no problem with LaSalle's original statement.

9. Tiger in NC

TigersTailgaiting made an erroneous statement that Obama had promised to get us out of Afghanistan and I corrected that by reminding him of the facts, which seems to get lost a lot.

10. Tiger in NC

bull shit, Winston, don't give me this crap. talk about inventing history......LOL. SOME of the intelligence we used was from the french and brits but were the french or brits at the UN begging for a resolution to go to war while making it abundantly clear that we were going to invade regardless? No, sir, they were not. That was us. Secondly, your response misses the point entirely! Iraq was posing absolutely no threat to us or anyone else for that matter and had not posed a threat in several years. Long before it was about manipulated intelligence, it was about Bush and Cheney wanting to be rid of Saddam and to "finish" the job, so don't try and tell me I am inventing history when you conveniently leave out these vital facts.