After LSU Beats Down the Tide . . .

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Nov 2, 2007.

1. TC

TC Le Big Mac

which, as we approach game time, is what I increasingly feel is going to happen, wouldn't it be great if in his post-game press conference, Saban said something along these lines? . . .

"I hope that now, after the shellacking you saw LSU give us on our home field, people in the LSU community will quit giving Coach Miles a hard time and comparing him with me. He certainly wasn't out-coached on Saturday. Just look at the scoreboard. It said LSU-34, Alabama-16. lf anything, I think there are some things that my staff and I could have done better to prepare our players. I hope this game puts all that personal stuff to bed. I still hope our team wins the SEC West, but we've got to get a lot better. And if we're not fortunate enough to win it, I wish LSU all the best in their quest for a championship."

Sound reasonable? :helmet:

1 person likes this.
  2. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

We will focus on the next game.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

...everyone can give a sigh of relief and we can move on to focusing on Ole Miss and Arky.

4. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

sure it sounds reasonable, but until our defense does something akin to the beginning of USCe or VT, well i'm not gonna have a good feeling about any of our remaining games except la tech.

not trying to down the team, but realistically we have to change our scheme back to the original idea from the beginning of the season.

so if we don't have luke sanders in man on man coverage against their RB's or TE's i think we'll do better. or if highsmith and beckwith get on the same page with their zone assignments we'll do a lot better.

until then i'll be the eternal pessimist.
    :lol:

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Don't be too pessimistic. LSU is coming off of a bye and that usually means great things for us. Our defense surely has garnered some MUCH needed rest, and remember that Early is 100 percent healthy. Our O-line just needs to give Flynn a little time to air it out.

However, I am a little worried about our front-four being able to put pressure on Parker. He's a quick 1-2-3 to DJ Hall for six points on every down. Hopefully Dorsey and boys are back in that VTech form.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm hoping our DL has been working on getting their hands up every time they can't get to the QB. If he tries to drop off the quick pass, a batted down ball is sweet.

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

This thread = Lou Holtz pep/spray talk.

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

This is the only part I care about !!!

9. clair

clair Rockets

welcome back, buddy.

and yeah. they definitely prepared long and hard for DJ Hall.

The plan as of now is to have Zenon on him with constant help from a safety.

and when he lines up at slot, which he often does, to have a linebacker chip him (preferably to the ground) in the 5 yard halo area to take him out of the play.

10. alextuscaloosa

alextuscaloosa Founding Member

i plan on pulling this thread up if and when Alabama wins. And i'll pull if up if we lose as well.

1 person likes this.