After the Draft- Undrafted Free Agent Signings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Apr 24, 2010.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Re: After the Draft

There is a lot of good sense on both sides in this discussion on Perrilloux. Yes, some folks with a sense of entitlement never learn. Not all of them lost a scholarship at a major D1 university and were kicked off the team. Jacksonville St. was a big step down for Ryan. There is a lesson there. Hopefully he learned what he had to learn. What has not been mentioned in this thread is what his coach at Jacksonville St. said about him at the pro day. Basically he said RP was a solid citizen at JSU. He also said RP had as much talent as Bo Jackson (and he said he coached Bo). I think the odds are long or RP making a splash in the NFL at this point. Yes he made his mistakes at LSU, but if he has learned his lessons, he's entitled to a second chance. If he stays clean and makes it, I'll be happy for him. If he doesn't really have the talent or he blows his chance because he lacks character, that's on him. It'll just be another sad waste of talent, of which there have been many (remember Chuck Muncie, Cecil Collins?)

2. downtown

downtown Founding Member

I'll actually be surprised if RP makes it through camp with anyone. Certain guys have a mentality that's hard to break when they've been living with it for so long (especially if some family members have the same type of mentality). He did help us get that SEC Championship on the way to our 2nd BCS title. So at least he can say he played a role in winning our BCS title in the end. At least he accomplished something before totally blowing it.

He's definitely one of the biggest wastes of talent to come through LSU. Although I thought I'd be more impressed with his running, I was actually more impressed with his arm.

But Cecil Collins is the biggest waste of talent I've probably ever seen anywhere. He had more yards in three games than any of our RBs had for the whole season last year. I think he had 596 yards in three games (he got hurt after like three carries in his fourth game). He appeared to have Herchel Walker/Bo Jackson talent. He had great strength and serious take-it-to- the-house-speed. He ran for 230+ against a high ranked Auburn team that finished first in the West in only his 2nd game.

Although we still lost that game at the very end, it's one of the most exciting games I've ever been to. It was definitely one of the loudest I ever went to as well.

Then he got hurt and people said Florida would kill us cause we barely squeaked past Vandy. Everyone was crushed. Then we beat #1 Florida and that was the best ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6mpmox6gx8

You can skip to the 7:25 and 9:20 mark. I was thinking maybe he wasn't as awesome as I remember (Cecil). Time/memory does that sometimes. But after finding this - he was just as awesome or even more awesome than I remember. We might have been able to even outscore teams with the atrocious Tepper D if he would have been around for a few more years. He blew his life though.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he had a great run, but he lacked great top-end speed.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

And we're done.

The kid is a loser.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Coleman is one of the more intriguing players coming out of LSU in this draft. I was happy to hear the Saints picked him up. I think he can compete to make the roster at SS. The Saints currently have no proven hackup to Roman Harper.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Then you haven't paid attention to what he has done since leaving LSU. He went to a small town a long way from home, got with the program, and proved that he can still play football.

My point still stands. He's a lot better off in Minneapolis than in New Orleans . . . or Detroit . . . or Cleveland . . . or Miami, or . . .

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

That's again, OK with me, no one in that profession is going to believe anything but what they see anyway. If he can prove it, so be it.

This "small town far away" you speak of, is not that far from my house. What you easily saw in BR was just as easy seen over here. The cloud of suspicion that came with Ryan has not dissipated despite the fact he has been mostly trouble free, (remember the Georgia Tech game)?

NFL scouts have watched every game he quarterbacked. This year he was much more consistent than last year, He supposedly had a good pro day even though his 40 time was a little over 4.8 seconds. Coach Crowe said the "character issues were still a major concern for these scouts. You think? With still all the talent, not one NFL team would risk a 7th round pick on him. Even Detroit wouldn't spend it with their "Mr. Irrelevant."

8. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Who?

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

collins. thats why he got caught from behind so many times (the lost shoe play excluded of course.)

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I think Coleman will be a heck of a special teams player too Izzy.