After the Draft- Undrafted Free Agent Signings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Apr 24, 2010.

1. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

You have to feel sorry for Dickson. The Lions are losers. Always have been, always will be. The best thing that could happen to him is to get traded before he loses his edge.

2. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Re: After the Draft

Hmmm, I would have to strongly disagree there. Just in that clip, the long runs show serious speed. I think at the 2:45 mark he turns it on impressively. He almost loses his footing trying to avoid the tackler near the line of scrimmage, gets around him and then burns everyone else on State's D before stepping out right near the end zone. Some guy barely touches him that's playing down field, but that's it. That was like 35 yards. Then as you mentioned, on the lost shoe play he went 62 yards and barely stepped out again as one last defender angled for him. Both times he made it into the end zone, but stepped out first.

Against Auburn, he had the 49-yard run where he was tripped up from behind at the 1 (but that was after he bulldozed an Auburn defender about 10 yards into the run). That's impressive to be able to maintain speed after a collision like that and go almost another 40 yards. And of course, at the 9:20 mark he is just impressive as he has contact with a defender again, but nobody catches him and he takes it to the house for a 42-yard TD. So those long runs weren't plays where he went untouched. I can remember him taking like the 2nd offensive play of the game against Akron for a 69-yard TD too. So that was all in just three games with very little experience.

He was averaging 194 yards per game through three games and two of those teams were SEC opponents. Now, after he left LSU, I'm sure he did lose some of the speed. But I believe they had him clocked at like a 4.43 40 at some point in his career. That's fast, but combined with his strength, that's something else. I've still never seen another RB come out the backfield as fast as he did at LSU.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Let's see, Jacksonville is between Anniston and Piedmont, right? A real hotbed of Crips and Bloods! :lol:

Man, BR was not the problem. The problem was that New Orleans was just an hour away, where he was thick with the local gangstas. NOLA has world-class hoodlums. Jacksonville, Alabama is a long, long way from New Orleans, RP couldn't party with the gang from there.

4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Don't get mad at me red, I was going to take him in the 8th round.

It's all these so-called NFL experts that missed this "blue light special."

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, he got taken at about the right time, he has a lot to prove. I just don't think he's an automatic bad deal for a football team.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Gregg Williams wants him to put on 20 lbs and compete at WLB. I think that makes sense. He could be a very good OLB.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Damn you're in an agreeable mood this morning, even agreeing with yourself.:rofl:

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

that is why you spank their little butts when they are children, and tell them "no" and ground their asses when they get older, and "have words" with coaches who treat them like prima dona's.

a sense of entitlement doesnt just hit one day out of the blue.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah I just thought LSU fans would be interested to know they want him to play OLB instead of Safety. :thumb:

10. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

Coleman is listed as a LB #55. I think it's interesting, because Greg Williams is a hell of a defensive coordinator. Coleman can cover, and he can hit. I think he'll stick because he has determination. I honestly wouldn't doubt him making the team and being a special teams demon.