AG Lynch edits Islamic references from Orlando calls

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Jun 20, 2016.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Obama's Attorney General Loretta Lynch "says that on Monday, the FBI will release edited transcripts of the 911 calls made by the Orlando nightclub shooter to the police during his rampage.

"What we're not going to do is further proclaim this man's pledges of allegiance to terrorist groups, and further his propaganda," Lynch said. "We are not going to hear him make his assertions of allegiance [to the Islamic State]."

Transcript from NBC Interview:

LORETTA LYNCH: What we're announcing tomorrow is that the FBI is releasing a partial transcript of the killer's calls with law enforcement, from inside the club. These are the calls with the Orlando PD negotiating team, who he was, where he was... that will be coming out tomorrow and I'll be headed to Orlando on Tuesday.

CHUCK TODD: Including the hostage negotiation part of this?

LYNCH: Yes, it will be primarily a partial transcript of his calls with the hostage negotiators.

CHUCK TODD: You say partial, what's being left out?

LYNCH: What we're not going to do is further proclaim this man's pledges of allegiance to terrorist groups, and further his propaganda.

CHUCK TODD: We're not going to hear him talk about those things?

LYNCH: We will hear him talk about some of those things, but we are not going to hear him make his assertions of allegiance and that. It will not be audio, it will be a printed transcript. But it will begin to capture the back and forth between him and the negotiators, we're trying to get as much information about this investigation out as possible. As you know, because the killer is dead, we have a bit more leeway there and we will be producing that information tomorrow.

The DOJ has released some of the transcripts. "In its document release, the FBI made a point of not identifying Mateen by name and it did not identify the radical Islamic group to which he swore allegiance," NBC News reported."
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...lls_will_have_references_to_isis_cut_out.html

So our government is now editing out the truth....removing references to islam because we don't want to inflame the situation. Good God. This is far worse than what actually happened in Orlando.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I understand their reasoning, but I'm not sure if I agree with it or not. It's like when Trump wouldn't say his name. People who do these things want the notoriety.

Given this administration's refusal to admit/recognize terrorism though, it does make it more suspect.

That "JV" team is really giving Osama's varsity a run for their money. lmao That IDIOT.

3. LSUTiga

I just noticed this part and didn't realize you were so opposed to it. I see where it could be viewed as censorship. That crossed my mind too. What made me dismiss it was that they released the 911 dialogue to begin with. Why in the hell do they feel a need to in the first place? Is that a right of the public? I honestly don't know the answer.

Secondly, it's pretty much a fill in the blank with what was redacted.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

pathetic.

5. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Seriously?

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Not really. I overreacted and I shouldn't conflate the two issues at that level.

However, it should be alarming that the U.S. AG is directing the editing of truth regarding a single aspect of this case and it is pathetic, disgusting, dishonest, and a hallmark of this administration.

It's no different than blaming an alleged anti-Muslim movie for Benghazi. Lynch doesn't want to further allegiance to Islam? Islam got what they wanted and covering up the truth will not help.

Same government that we are to believe about Hillary's private server. Right.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Initially they did not release the redacted parts. They have now. It is a right of the public under the FoIA.

Did they redact any KKK stuff from the South Carolina shooters allegiance? Scrub photos from his Facebook?

HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It's seriously pathetic the lengths the left will go to in order the control the narrative. Liberals suck, as useful as a mesh condom.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Exactly. Can't let anything bad about muslims be part of the permanent record. They prosecuted the South Carolina killer's friend for not telling on him.....why are they still debating about Orlando's wife? She went with him to purchase ammo. She went with him when he cased at least two locations including Pulse. She knew he was going to do something. She tried to tell him not to. Her ass belongs in jail....NOW.

Winston1 and LSUTiga like this.
  10. LSUTiga

Was not aware of that. You learnt me sumpin.

I have no idea.