again I will ask

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by msully, Jan 1, 2003.

1. msully

msully Founding Member

Did LSU play well enough in the last 5 games to get to go to a BOWL?? Played a good 1st half now should the SEC let more than two teams go to a BOWL ? LSU is looking as bad as they did against Bama an Auburn !! Has this helped recruiting for the TIGERS ,

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I think LSU should have been in a lesser bowl.

Questioning whether there should be less SEC schools in bowl games is fruitless. There's far too much money involved for the SEC office to change things...

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Look, msully, there are lots of bowls.

Everybody with a winning record goes to a bowl these days. So, LSU definitely belonged in a bowl.

You can debate whether we should have been in the Cotton Bowl or not, but it's moot. We went. Got a good pay day. Almost won the 1st Half, got blown out in the 2d Half.

Blow-outs happen way too much to this LSU team.

Auburn is looking good right now and I pick them to win the West next year.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU absolutely deserved to be in a major bowl. We had won 5 in a row. You can't win them all. Hell, teams with 6-6 records went to bowls this year.

This won't affect recruiting one bit. We did OK against a top 10 team. Texas will get all of the players it wants and so will LSU. What hurts recruiting is seeing fans leaving in the 3rd quarter like Tennessee. LSU fans travelled well and stayed in their seats. It was a solid loss, but NOT a blowout.

5. msully

msully Founding Member

Re: Look, msully, there are lots of bowls.

It was a good 1st half and we missed the players that were out it was just more of the same Look at TENNESSEE Played as if they did not care if they won or lost . I will still say LSU or Bama is the best next year in the west I hate to lose I lost on Tennessee and LSU today Send a email Msully (Mike Sullivan) GEAUX TIGERS!!

6. msully

msully Founding Member

You can

So you think we will get the players we need . Hope so , Too many bowl games LSU will break about even on this trip I think I read that . Mike Sullivan GEAUX TIGERS!!!

7. msully

msully Founding Member

You may be right

I would rather be in a lesser bowl and win , the money for LSU is like staying at home The SEC may want the money but the SEC office needs to take care of the Teams in the SEC . By that I mean be checking up on the schools to be sure we have clean programs not like the Bama The UT The LSU junk of last year . That should be what the SEC office does . Vandy did as well as LSU and did not spend a dime on travel .I am proud of the TIGERS they played good just did not have enough man power .GEAUX TIGERS!!!

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You are correct. As much as it pains me, they look like the ones to reckon with next season.

9. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Sully are you indicating that we should all aspire to be like Vandy? What will be Vandy's take if no other teams in the SEC went to Bowl games? Vandy is just another example of middle class welfare.
    Seriouly when a team goes to a Bowl game they get another month of practice aiding the coaches in identifying the starters for the next season.