Agent: Nick Saban would only consider leaving Alabama for Texas, under 'special pressure' with Tide

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 5, 2013.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

its going to take a few seasons at Texas for Saban, that program is on the fritz right now, but no doubt they might win a few.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I'm starting to get kind of suspicious. There is ALOT of smoke here....alot. AP, USAToday and almost every media outlet is running with this.....and Saban's camp hasn't done shit about it

.....and if Saban's camp wants something squashed....it gets squashed. Just sayin'...

LSUDad likes this.
  3. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Pack your bags all you Saban suckers (pun intended) you are headed to Austin! It's such the buzz over here. This is Saban 101, he vehemently denies going anywhere, makes any reporter who asks feel stupid (even though they are), gets pissed off and refuses to talk about it, says he's too old to start over and boom the scroll on the bottom of ESPN says "breaking news, Saban announced the new coach at UT"……

This look familiar to anyone?

Screen-Shot-2013-11-06-at-10.39.42-AM.png

4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I think it is a foregone conclusion that Texas will make a change regardless of the outcome of the rest of the season. The new AD will want to make his mark sooner rather than later. There might be an argument that he'll make a splash for a basketball coach first, then put the football coach on the back burner for now. However, in Texas it's all about football.

Personally, I have a gut feeling that Saban stays at Alabama. Nick likes to do things on his terms and all of these press stories go against that grain.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Kinda like what happened back in 2007.

I mean there was no way he was going to Bama if the press was going to jump in and spoil the surprise.

Herb likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Just gotta wait for him to deny it. Then we will know he's leaving.

furduknfish and islstl like this.
  7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yes, that's his tell.

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

He said it w/a big smile on ESPN tonight. In response to a direct question about whether he is interested in the UT job, he said "I am focused on what we are doing here at Alabama," all while trying to force a smile. Reminded me of how he handled leaving the Dolphins. L

9. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

And LSU.

That said, I don't think he'll leave Alabama. Of course you really never know.

I think he knows that he can win at Texas too without the fanatical expectations from Texas fans that Bama fans have. He can have an easier road to the championship, make even more money than he's making now and probably coach as long as he wants until retirement. Did I mention Texas has no income tax ;)

All the while living in a great state.

Hmmm....

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I was told by a friend of mine that heard it on local radio that Tx is set to offer 10 yrs at 10 mil per. That is a lot of cheese!