Aggies/Seminoles call it off

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Apr 1, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

It seems we are always lookin for a quality OOC opponent to fill the schedule. One of these would be an awesome addition.

March 31, 2004
    FSU & Texas A&M agree to cancel series
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The expansion of the ACC to 12 teams, which will eventually include Miami, Virginia Tech and Boston College, will cause some early growing pains. One of those growing pains will take place for Florida State in 2005 and 2006. The Seminoles were scheduled to play Texas A&M at College Station on September 17th in 2005, and host the Aggies on September 16th in 2006.

A source in the Florida State athletic department confirmed Tuesday that the new conference schedule conflicts with those previously scheduled games and both will have to be cancelled. The only scenario that would permit the two games to go forward would result in both teams having only five home games in one year. That was deemed unacceptable by both schools. Because of the mutual conflicts, both programs agreed that neither would pay a contractual fine for the cancellation of the series.

Florida State is currently searching for a non-conference opponent (or opponents) in 2005 and 2006.
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I wonder if the UF series against them will...

be effected. Now the FSU and UM fans will understand more about why UF wanted to quit playing them. They had to play FSU I believe due to the Florida legislature but I'm not sure. UF/UM had already been changed to only being played in a 12 game season if I'm not mistaken.

3. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Boy, that'd be sweet to get FSU on our schedule. No more loser out of conference teams.

4. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

This isn't likely to happen at all.......

.....FSU doesn't have the guts to schedule us. :dis:

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

He's right, FSU wants nothing of the SEC. If you're scared, say you scared FSU.

6. jcnumberone

jcnumberone Founding Member

yeah, why do you think they turned down an opportunity to join the SEC in the late 80's, early 90's... the competition level maybe?

7. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

This is a good and merciful situation for aggy. Aggy is in trouble. Coach Fran has had no less than 9 players arrested since the end of last season. They were pretty bad last year and if they're any better this year, I'll be surprised. The Seminoles would embarass aggy right now.
    :tigbas:

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Miami & FSU CHICKENED OUT back then.

THEY'RE BOTH STILL CHICKEN TODAY!

But most of all - I WANT THE HOKIES TO GET THEIR @SSES TO BR!!!!!

9. occstud

occstud Freshman

GoldenGirlFan, the 2005 Aggie team will not resemble the 2003 team. Bank on it.

10. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Aggies still will not be competitive in the Big 12 South by 2005. Not with as many scholarship players leaving and the constant recruiting battles with UT, OU, and LSU. Things are bad in College Station right now, in most sports. Baseball, Tennis, and Swimming and Diving are about the only things competitive in College Station.