Agree with Charles Rangel's idea about reviving the draft

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tom, Jan 4, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Tom, Tom, Tom... Settle down and quit jumping up and down and screaming like some hungry infant with a diaper full of ca-ca. Man, you need to take a break. Now, like I said, you and all the other pencil necked liberal geeks like you are clueless and always will be. You enjoy the milk and honey and think it came without a price. I won't try to convince you otherwise because it's fruitless. George W (or as you so cleverly refer to him, Sapling) is POTUS and will be for at least one more term. Deal with it. In the meantime, sit back, relax and enjoy the show. The fireworks over Iraq are going to be the best ever.

2. JD

JD Founding Member

Re: Re: Biggles has said most that needs to be said but

I applaud you for being a viet nam vet. However, before you call anyone a coward, you should call THE ENTIRE REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP a coward - almost to the man, they were to scared to go to Viet Nam - or do they get a free pass?????????????

3. SabanFan

Clinton was a Republican???

No one gets a pass if they dodged their duty. However, it's the Democrats who tied the military's hands by refusing to declare the Vietnam "conflict" a war.

4. Jerry

Jerry Freshman

It's sickening that people cheer on the death of innocent civilians. And it's always the rightwing lunatics that are pleased by the senseless carnage.

5. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

JD
    you never answered why clinton wasnt hypocritical for sending troops into battle

6. SabanFan

Excellent response TS. I'd like to add that innocent civilians are being saved from Hussein. Though civilian casualties are possible, no one "cheers" them.

7. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I'll make a general statement without taking a position on invading Iraq (yet).

The USA is the only country that spends extra millions to develop "smart bombs" for the specific purpose to AVOID civillian casualties. On the other hand, our enemies actually ENCOURAGE civillian casualties. The WTC was not a millitary target - it was specifically designed to be a civillian one. Saddam has been paying families of suicide bombers as a REWARD for killing women and children. And don't getme started on the villages he tested his chemical weapons on. The USA's goes to great lengths to try to limit their strikes to millitary targets.

Can you see a difference?

8. SabanFan

All true, Ellis. Liberals do not see the forest for the trees. Actually, they don't want to see the forest. All they want to do is cut down the trees (Republicans) before they take over the forest completely. Enough of that analogy. As Ellis eloquently states, the US is not bulldozing the rights of innocent civilians the world over. We are using our strength to ensure human rights and safety. But then, to admit that, the Dems/Liberals would have to say something good about the Republicans/Conservatives and that is not acceptable under their bylaws.

9. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

Show me the evidence of Saddam's involvement. :dis: :dis: :dis:

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you're right....3000 is wrong. there is evidence of 300,000 murders by Saddam on his own people. thanks for the oversight.